Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:28 AM

lee22sharon:

By defination it is a matter of choice, i have chosen nickle.  thank you for your input.

Either one makes "cents."

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:43 AM

Joined 6 games today. In total I think about 8 players quit. It's getting ridiculous. 

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:59 PM

CyberTwiXX:

Joined 6 games today. In total I think about 8 players quit. It's getting ridiculous. 

I agree, quite annoying, understandable in some instances.  But not just cause you aren't having that perfect round you think was in the cards, or a lower tier player was going to wreck your stats.  There is a chat board, use it.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 4:27 PM

TrikiRik:
    But not just cause you aren't having that perfect round you think was in the cards
    Maybe there just practicing for the open's.

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 5:10 PM

swannyxx:

TrikiRik:
    But not just cause you aren't having that perfect round you think was in the cards
    Maybe there just practicing for the open's.

could be I guess LOL

• BiffTannen90
    6 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:21 PM

I can understand quitting if there's a valid reason for the player to quit - eg. connection issues, needed elsewhere. However, I cannot accept when players are blatantly quitting to save their flattering averages, and leave without comment.

The only multi-player game I have completed today was an alternative shot 9 hole. It's extremely frustrating.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 10:20 PM

hey bubba, 

i'm a master, will play , will not quit, will enjoy game and will bitc.. if i screw up

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:09 AM

What really sucks is I have played so many AS games and shot so bad it was embarrassing. Hell yea I wanted to quit because I felt so bad for my P. But I have NEVER quit and will never quit. As you play more, you will be able to tell when it is going to happen more often. There are a few miserable people out there that will do this on the last hole, and last shot of the game.. Hoping you are your P will 4fet instead of wait. But I will wait just because of the principle. I hate it when my partner 4fets !

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:06 PM

Folks may not like this...and sometimes it takes a lot of words and time to explain how quitters DO affect other players.  And I know it only opens up a bad can of worms. It has been said that it would be unfair to penalize someone for quitting a multiplayer round (of any sort)!!! Because it would be unfair if a person was penalized due to a 'Loading', 'Unexpected Error'. But if the penalty wasn't too harsh...then maybe it could/would work!!   When I started in Oct. of 2011..my computer (unknown to me at the time) was on the verge of crashing...so I will admit I had some issues...But I never, ever quit !!! But what I did do was went to Microsoft Repair and spent $287.00 for a 2 year plan and got my Computer up to snuff!!! but that's just me !!! Why? Because I enjoy a good round of golf for everyone...and I do not want to ruin someones else's good round by my computer disconnecting without warning (which is rarely because if your computer is getting ready to disconnect...there are some tell-tell signs... little loading circles and other little glitches that give you a prelude as to your connection is on the verge of going bad) causing the game to freeze up !!! But at the same time (and almost everyone knows it's the truth) it's funny (but really sad) that almost everytime someone quits...it always seems to follow a bad shot or a bad hole!!! how convient that they lose their connection(s)...always after a bad shot or hole!!!

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:25 PM

Quitting an AS or Matchplay game is just bad form.  It ruins the game for everyone else.  But not stroke play.  The whole thing about penalizing players (especially financially) is absurd.  You can't penalize people for choosing to stop playing a video game on their own computer any more than you can penalize someone for turning off the TV before the show they're watching is over.  It's preposterous.  Multi player stroke games can take 2 hours to finish a 9 hole game.  It's not always possible to foresee the next two hours and ensure that you're going to have the whole time free without interruption, even if you anticipate it to be so.

RSS