Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 6:12 PM

Now...to continue on my previous post...regarding quitting and penalties for quitting!!  I believe that if you quit or disconnect from a multiplayer game...there should be a penalty of some sort...I say drop them a level each time they disconnect!!!  And before anyone screams unfair...let me say that if your computer is disconnecting or losing it's connection that much>>>then get it fixed or buy a new computer!!!  Also when they drop a level...if they drop below a particular equipment purchase level...that that piece of equipment they will still own...but will not be able to use until they get back up to that level!!  example: I'm on level 88 and I just bought the R-11...and I disconnect (whether it was my doing or from a connection problem) from a multiplayer game and with the penalty of being dropped a level (back to level 87)... I will no longer be able to use that club...but when I get back up to level 88...it will come out of storage (if you will) and I am then again able to use it.  Now many will say that this is unfair!!!  But I will tell you what unfair is !!!   The other day I was in a foursome (three Master Tier Players and one Tour Master) It also was my 1st game of the day at about 3:00 in the morning...Pacific Time Zone and we were playing to a 60 second clock !! I am player #1...the Tour Master is Player #4...at the start of the round (before we teed off) as we were greeting one another...#4 made a comment "We have a Quitter playing along with us (he was speaking of #2...he even 'NAMED' him)!!  We had a good round going...#3 was -3...#2 was +1...I (#1) was even...we are on the 4th green...when all of a sudden #4 who was +3 QUIT !!!...we are on the Back 9 at Kiawah...we come to the 17th!! I am -3 Player #3 is -4 and player #2 is-1...however #2 hit's 2 shots into the water and takes an 8 on the hole...but he doesn't quit!!!  #3 and I par the hole!! So on to the 18th...we all tee off but player #3 is in the rough...player #2 is on the fairway and is away!! I am on the fairway with 168 to the flag and I am 2nd away!!  #2 hits and rolls to the back fringe of the green...I then hit and end up less than a yard from the cup (it shows a replay) an almost certain bird to maybe push the match...because I am -3...and player #3 is -4 but yet to take his 2nd shot!!!  I am licking my chops because it's my first game of the day and I stand to gain a good amount of xp points!!!  but #3 lets his time expire and gets the 'time warning penalty' only...and while his second set of time is going he just quits!!! now it didn't freeze the game...but It left me at -3 with the #2 player who is +5...so naturally he quits as well...it is now 5 in the morning...and I have to take my last putt as a single player...and as a result I receive 1108 xp points>>as a single player!!! And I was pissed because I could of played that back 9 in 20 minutes alone and got 1108 xp points...and then in the same amount it took to play the rest of what started out as a foursome...I could of probably played at least another 3 games maybe at 108 xp point a game...but had they not disconnected I could have gotten almost 1600 xp points for that one game !!! SO DON'T ANYONE TELL ME TO PENALIZE QUITTERS (FOR ANY REASON IS UNFAIR)  And this is just one of many expieriences that I have had happen to me with quitters!!  But if they were to lose a level everytime they disconneted, plus the use of that piece of equipment (if they drop below the purchase level of that piece of equipment) but by never losing their tier status it would then be possible (if you quit all the time) to still have/own great equipment but can't use it...but still have to play in Tournaments and hit from the tees that you are tiered at...in other words...if you quit all the time you'll be on level 40 and any equipment over level 40 you will not be able to use...but you are still a Master, Tour Pro and Legend...Let's see if you'll be so quick to quit or disconnect from a multiplayer game with that 'FAIR' penalty assessment!!!

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 6:31 PM

Dude, that entire post is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start responding.  How can you remove people's clubs from use for quitting a game?  Most people sell their old clubs when they level up to buy new ones, so are you saying everyone who was subject to this punishment would have to use starter clubs until they level back up again?  Do you have any idea how many people would leave WGT if the rules you suggest were to be implemented?  

It's moot though, because there's no way it would ever happen.  You're suggesting removing products that people have paid a lot of money for (in relative terms - this is virtual equipment we're talking about) because they've had the audacity to annoy you by not finishing a game.  It's beyond absurd.  Never gonna happen, never ought to happen, won't happen.

Dude seriously, if it's a stroke game and one of the group leaves through the menu bar thus not freezing the game, you just have to deal with it.  People are entitled to leave any time they like.  People have kids, families, friends, incidents, random things to deal with.  If someone has to leave, you have to just get over it.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:17 PM

No!!! my good friend !!! you wouldn't LOSE YOUR CLUBS!!!  They would just be placed in your 'storage' !!! but you do have a point!!!  And that point is simple!!!  You said it  ..."so are you saying everyone who was subject to this punishment would have to use starter clubs until they level back up again"??  YES!!...EXACTLY!!!  And you wouldn't have to worry about someone going back to using starter clubs...because if they knew this type of penalty existed...THEY WOULDN'T QUIT...and as far as WGT is concerned and their making money!!! I own a set of Ping G-10's and although they may not be the best...I will not trade them for their new replacements the G-20's!!! However, (and I am on level 82) when I get to level 90 I will be buying the R-11 Iron set...but will not be giving up on or selling back my G-10 set!!  So you see I could disconnect and lose levels and still be able to play effectively well!!  But...the only real moot point of repitetion is this>>>i don't quit...i don't quit...I DON'T QUIT....I DON'T QUIT....and finally I DON'T QUIT !!!!  NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!  And in real life golf I have never sold a piece of equipment back to the Pro Shop or to anyone else for all that matter!!  It's nice to have that option here...but every piece of equipment that I have right now (here on wgt) I will keep...and if I want something new I WILL BUY IT...BUT WILL STILL KEEP THE OLD STUFF HANDY!!!

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:28 PM

Oh...by the way...on your other statement (in the form of a question you asked)...and I quote "Do you know how many people would leave wgt if this rule that I suggested was implemented" NO...I HAVE NO IDEA...BUT IF YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER...IT WON'T BE YOU...AND CHANCES ARE ONLY HABITUAL QUITTERS WOULD (pardon the pun) QUIT WGT...Because it doesn't affect NON-QUITTERS !!!  "Throw a rock in a pack of dogs...and the one that howls or hollers the loudest IS THE ONE IT HIT" !!!!

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:32 PM

Stroker I hear what you're saying and I know you have only good intentions with this idea but I honestly think there would be an uproar if they started confiscating equipment people had paid hard earned money for.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:42 PM

For what it's worth, I too used to bytch and moan about quitters, as well as leave little luv notes for them on their wall. I was always told to basically just suck it up and deal with it as there will always be quitters and to just play with friends or fellow CC members. I can't tell you how much that response just irritated me even more so than the quitters, lol.

I've come to realize over the last couple/few months that there a point where you do accept the fact that there WILL be a quitter or two or even three. You just go on and finish out the game in peace and quiet and accept it. I honestly never thought I'd ever accept it...but the day finally came and I realized just what I had been told in the past....suck it up, play with friends and or CC members. It really is just part of this particular game/golf site. Just like the errant shots or what ever....there is a horizon out there that will allow you to accept it all peacefully and allow you to continue playing your game without being so pissed off and riled up. 

Trust you me, if I have come to this realization, it can be done I promise you   :)

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:38 PM

WGT is already the biggest legal rip off on the internet.  The last thing they can do is start confiscating equipment people have already paid for.  It's bad enough that they confiscate balls that people have paid for due to THEIR meter skips.  I'm amazed nobody has challenged the crooks that run this site legally.  

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:50 PM

TeeWade:

For what it's worth, I too used to bytch and moan about quitters, as well as leave little luv notes for them on their wall. I was always told to basically just suck it up and deal with it as there will always be quitters and to just play with friends or fellow CC members. I can't tell you how much that response just irritated me even more so than the quitters, lol.

I've come to realize over the last couple/few months that there a point where you do accept the fact that there WILL be a quitter or two or even three. You just go on and finish out the game in peace and quiet and accept it. I honestly never thought I'd ever accept it...but the day finally came and I realized just what I had been told in the past....suck it up, play with friends and or CC members. It really is just part of this particular game/golf site. Just like the errant shots or what ever....there is a horizon out there that will allow you to accept it all peacefully and allow you to continue playing your game without being so pissed off and riled up. 

Trust you me, if I have come to this realization, it can be done I promise you   :)

Have not reached a point where i can even see that horizon.  my nickle.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:42 PM

I don't know about the rest of you...but my piece of a computer here is a 2 year old Dell Vostro which is certainly not the cream of the crop...but it averages (along with the wgt site itself and internet connections) about (and this is a maybe) ONE DISCONNECTION PER MONTH...But Yet I can level up in about 1 weeks time !!! some of you act like I said "TAKE THEIR CLUBS BACK"...which I didn't !! Instead they would simply be placed in storage until you return to that level!!! also I agree with you 'Esssy' this is a 'SKILLED' gaming site...which even though, there may be some luck involved...just like in anything else...but for the most part it does take skill...POINT IN CASE>>>ME...without renting them first (for free of course) I bought the 2,000 credits Nike putter but was never able to dial it in!!! money wasted??? yes and no !!! am I upset about it?? yes!!! but does it affect other players?? no!! I still have it but I don't use it and it is not locked in a storage...but it might as well be!!! oh well lesson learned by me !!! or was it?? not quite! Because you see My mind told me that maybe the Nike putter from level 51 would be better for me!!! (After all I use a Ping Redwood Putter from level 44 very, very, very well!! And so when I got to the upper level I bought the upper end Ping Redwood...but was never able to dial that one in...even though it has the same distance meter and swing speed as the lower level Ping Redwood) So I also bought the 1,500 credit level 51 Nike putter...but couldn't dial that one in either...but I still have it!!! nothing in life(not even freedom) is free!! everything costs something!!! And it cost to be the boss...and when I pay and spend the type of money that I do here with wgt...only to lose out on getting all of the xp points that I should after spending all the time and money to play in a foursome and at the last green it's only ME!!!  AND THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED JUST ONCE..OR TWICE...OR THREE TIMES...THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ON A REGULAR REOCCURRING BASIS AND IT NOW SEEMS TO BE EVEN MORE SO ON THE RISE!!!  And in all due respects I notice when we/I talk about some sort of penalty for those who do disconnect...the first thing is it's unfair to the QUITTER or it's unfair to a person who somehow was accidentally disconnected (for whatever reason)...but never unfair to me or to any other player who spends like me and is robbed of both time and money due to someone else's unethical behavior is pure nonsense!!!  NOW LIKE IT OR NOT EVERYBODY I WILL SAY THIS!!   IF YOU ARE A HABITUAL QUITTER (and you quitters know who you are)THEN QUIT WGT ALL TOGETHER AND STOP RUINING SOME ONE'S ELSE'S TIME AND MONEY AND START YOUR OWN WEBSITE GAME CALLED 'QUITSVILLE'...AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO'S COMPUTERS DISCONNECT THAT MUCH... THAT YOU ARE WORRIED THAT IF THAT TYPE OF PENALTY WAS ASSESSED!! THAT YOU WOULD GO BACK TO USING STARTER CLUBS...STOP BUYING THOSE NEW CLUBS...SAVE YOUR MONEY...BUY A NEW COMPUTER...AND COME BACK AND PLAY WITH ME ON THIS WGT SITE BECAUSE I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE...NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF ROUND OF GOLF I AM HAVING OR WHAT'S GOING ON IN MY PERSONAL LIFE AS WELL...BECAUSE...AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS  I >> N E V E R  >> QUIT !!!  PERIOD!!  BECAUSE >>> GOLF TIME IS GOLF TIME!!!

RSS