Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:41 AM

MickAnderson:

Lee, your reply doesn't hold water.  Let's say there's 4 players in a stroke game.  If someone leaves the game (for whatever reason), it doesn't prevent the other three players from finishing up.  It doesn't affect your ball wear, only that of the player that quit.  As far as time goes, it actually makes the rest of your game go faster.  

The only times I see a problem with a player leaving a game is one of the following - 

- Exits on his/her turn, freezing the game

- Closes the window instead of going through the menu bar, this also freezes the game

- A match play or A/S game, which spoils it for other players

and to a lesser extent, I think it's a bit rude on a social level to quit a stroke game if there are only two players playing.

Other than that, as someone said already, people pay for their own computers and their own connections, and if they choose to leave a game early because they have to help someone, their kids need them, they're on call for work, or even if they're just not enjoying the game and don't want to play anymore, it's none of anyone's business.

i have made other replies to other entrys on this subject today, you should read them.  I still believe that a real person who commits to playing a round of golf, no matter the type of game or number of remaining players would appreciate a degree of ethical behaviour by informing the other players that you are leaving the game.  it is called courtesy to a fellow player.  In todays younger, more modern world, many ways of doing things have been changed because, it takes to long, I don't care attitude, so what?, It's not necessary, and other reasons just as lame as these are.  To be a player, not a visitor, is important to many of us at this web site, if you chose to remain a visitor that is up to you, if however you want to be a fully recognized player then i think you need to revise your ubderstanding of what it takes to belong.  My Nickle

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:42 AM

lee22sharon:
    My Nickle.

One thing I have always wanted to ask ya...shouldn't it be "Nickel"? ;)

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:48 AM

lee22sharon:

i have made other replies to other entrys on this subject today, you should read them.  I still believe that a real person who commits to playing a round of golf, no matter the type of game or number of remaining players would appreciate a degree of ethical behaviour by informing the other players that you are leaving the game.  it is called courtesy to a fellow player.  In todays younger, more modern world, many ways of doing things have been changed because, it takes to long, I don't care attitude, so what?, It's not necessary, and other reasons just as lame as these are.  To be a player, not a visitor, is important to many of us at this web site, if you chose to remain a visitor that is up to you, if however you want to be a fully recognized player then i think you need to revise your ubderstanding of what it takes to belong.  My Nickle

Belong to what?  WGT isn't your exclusive club, it's a public game.  Anyone can play.  To be quite frank, if I'm playing in a group of 4 and there's one player hacking their way around course, I'm sometimes relieved when they quit!   

If a player says "Sorry guys, kids need me", or "Sorry guys, have company, gotta run", I have no problem with them leaving.  It's just a game, and people's real lives are more important.  I think we should try and remember that before judging people so harshly.   You speak like a person leaving a video game is a personal affront to everything you hold sacred.  Perhaps you're taking this game a little too seriously?  Just a thought :)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:10 AM

I speak like a person who cares about enjoying a game, and yes it is a game.  To be always confronted by the great group of "I don't care QUITTERS, LOSERS, POSERS, BAD SPORTS "  who only visit this site and then ultimately leave because this site can demand more than they are willing to give.  Which is just another example of QUITTING.  It is such juvenile behaviour that i choose to address it in all of its forms is my way of dealing with a disagreeable situation.  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:12 AM

MBaggese:

lee22sharon:
    My Nickle.

thank you for asking, but no.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:27 AM

Play for credits. If they quit you gain.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:03 PM

I live in the wrong state for that.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 1:21 PM

lee22sharon:

MBaggese:

lee22sharon:
    My Nickle.

thank you for asking, but no.

Looks like it could be either? My dime :)

a cupronickel  coin of the U.S., the 20th part of a dollar,equal to five cents.

a nickel coin of Canada, the 20th part of a dollar, equal tofive cents.

nickle definition

/ni'kl/ ["nickel", common name for the US 5-cent coin]

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 1:35 PM

By defination it is a matter of choice, i have chosen nickle.  thank you for your input.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:27 AM
    I dont have a problem with guys leaving during stroke play for instance as long as they don' t inconsideratly leave during their shot and FREEZE the game!!  And don't enter a A/S game unless you are pretty sure you are gonna stick it out. It piss's everyones time away and scraps a game.
    The quitting threads are just getting older than dinosaur shyt so,,i apoligize for my spelling AND these fockin posts but c'mon: we are also getting sick up and fed of the quitting.
RSS