Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:01 AM

Must be whinners night on the forums.  no nickle, free this time.

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:10 AM

I cant belive you all whine about quitters. I dont like them myself but it someone quit you can play the remaining part of the game on your own.....

I dont get why people hate quitters so much, you dont lose your game, you can play it alone and your profile dont tell you anyway if you lost or won a stroke-game...

If you all here in the forum just try to play your own game and beat your own scores then you would not cry that much when someone quits and your 1 up lol....

• daliLLama
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:58 AM

Listen,  I paid for my computer, and I pay for my connection.  I'll press the buttons on

my keyboard anytime I want to.  If I want to click something on my screen, I'll do it,  It's mine after all.  I'll quit any game I don't want to play anymore. 

"If it's in the game,  it's in the game".

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 1:18 AM

daliLLama:

Hard to argue with that, lol

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 2:39 AM

daliLLama:

Listen,  I paid for my computer, and I pay for my connection.  I'll press the buttons on

my keyboard anytime I want to.  If I want to click something on my screen, I'll do it,  It's mine after all.  I'll quit any game I don't want to play anymore. 

I know you will and that's what cut's the game short & FK's up the Match/A.S. competition whatever. That's what the topic of the thread is Einstein, players quit on him and it's sour grapes.

Yeah you are free do click whatever you want, but you aren't gonna join no game with me. I know that don't make a Fk to you but it don't make  a Fk to me either so we are even. You can shoot by yourself or find some azz clown that tolerates you leaving whenever it floats your boat.

• chrisco10
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 4:27 AM

very true

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 9:53 AM

Ladies, Ladies please calm down what would your mother's say.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:15 AM

TheTigerEye:

I cant belive you all whine about quitters. I dont like them myself but it someone quit you can play the remaining part of the game on your own.....

I dont get why people hate quitters so much, you dont lose your game, you can play it alone and your profile dont tell you anyway if you lost or won a stroke-game...

If you all here in the forum just try to play your own game and beat your own scores then you would not cry that much when someone quits and your 1 up lol....

Read my reply to the entry by MickAnderson on page 7 of this forum topic.  Maybe you didn't comprehend it, or didn't read it before you made your entry.  my nickle.

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:28 AM

Lee, your reply doesn't hold water.  Let's say there's 4 players in a stroke game.  If someone leaves the game (for whatever reason), it doesn't prevent the other three players from finishing up.  It doesn't affect your ball wear, only that of the player that quit.  As far as time goes, it actually makes the rest of your game go faster.  

The only times I see a problem with a player leaving a game is one of the following - 

- Exits on his/her turn, freezing the game

- Closes the window instead of going through the menu bar, this also freezes the game

- A match play or A/S game, which spoils it for other players

and to a lesser extent, I think it's a bit rude on a social level to quit a stroke game if there are only two players playing.

Other than that, as someone said already, people pay for their own computers and their own connections, and if they choose to leave a game early because they have to help someone, their kids need them, they're on call for work, or even if they're just not enjoying the game and don't want to play anymore, it's none of anyone's business.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:29 AM

daliLLama:

To be a complete JERK is entirely up to you.  Granted your $ (maybe) do as you will, but remember with out self imposed limits of behaviour, rules, guidlines, and other forms of self control we are no better than the most backward, primitives still existant.  Do you really desire this?  If I buy a gun can i use it at any time or place?  No of course not.  If you own a button can you push it any time or place?  Maybe, but what that button does after you push it may have you answering to a higher authority.  In my world, as small as it is, I would prefer persons to be considerate of others and be held accountable for behaviour that is unkind, cruel, mean and uncaring of others.  If you can in all honesty believe that you do not want this type of behaviour you should not be playing on this web site.  I am absolutly positive that a very large unspoken majority of persons playing on this site do want civil courtsey in dealing with other members of this community.  My Nickle.

RSS