Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:58 PM

Oh by the way...I'm a Master Tier Player with a 65.58 average...and in a round of golf a few days ago with a couple of Tour Pro players who were -2 and -3...I shot a phenominal 51...oops !!! I FORGOT TO SAY IT WAS FOR 9 HOLES...BUT I DIDN'T QUIT..WAS IT EMBARISHING?? OF COURSE...DID I EVER GIVE UP...AND JUST TRIED TO THROW THE GAME?? NO!!  I HONESTLY TRIED ON EACH AND EVERY HOLE TO PLAY LIKE A SKILLED PLAYER...BUT WE WILL ALL HAVE DAYS AND ROUNDS LIKE THAT THEN AGAIN (for some of you golf gods on here...and that's god with a small g) MAYBE YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A ROUND LIKE THAT BECAUSE IF YOU'RE +2 ON THE FIRST HOLE YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT WITH YOUR NEXT ERRANT SHOT...YOU GONNA BE DISCONNECTING!!!

• ironworker103
    2 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 1:11 PM

frappefort:

broahes:

As long as WGT exists, there will be those that quit.. it's better just to learn to deal with it, because it isn't going to go away.  I'm not saying it's right, just the way it is.

There is one main thing that you can do to ensure that you aren't faced with this, and that's keeping a solid list of friends that you know will not quit and understand that a bad round doesn't stay on your average long.. if at all.  I have started playing most of my ranked rounds either alone or with people I know are going to stick it out with me.. and that has gone a long way to ensure that my rounds get completed.

Brooks

right on. 

i agree 100%  and join a CC that is verry active and fun :)

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 1:14 PM

strokerlee you may have just upset some of the smaller g's,but you are so correct.Half of my friends list are legends and i do enjoy a good ass whooping from them,but i also can give it back,but these dudes never quit.You are correct that some of these lower G s do quit ,i know as it has happened to me many times so i just ditch the friend thing and say FU@K them,they just ain't worth playing.The legends in my list help my game play, so i help players below me,it's a great feeling i can help others in return.You SIR are like myself and many others,we care and don't Quit.

respect 2u

pdxdriver

ps.look me up, and lets play some time.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 7:15 PM

MickAnderson:

WGT is already the biggest legal rip off on the internet.  The last thing they can do is start confiscating equipment people have already paid for.  It's bad enough that they confiscate balls that people have paid for due to THEIR meter skips.  I'm amazed nobody has challenged the crooks that run this site legally.  

I'm amazed that people who really think this are still on the site . . . plenty of others out there dude . . . do us a favour . .

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 7:39 PM

Lobsterboy:

I'm amazed that people who really think this are still on the site . . . plenty of others out there dude . . . do us a favour . .

What's it to you if other people have their own opinions?  What are you, the WGT spokesman on behalf of everyone?  Pshh...

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 1:24 AM

Ha Ha! Good one esssy :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 9:38 PM

StrokerLee:
    .I DON'T QUIT....and finally I DON'T QUIT !!!!  NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!!! 

And when your internet dies, or your router/modem, etc and you cannot get back into a game....do YOU get a pass?

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 10:48 PM

When you walk off a real course...for whatever reason(s)...do you get your green fees, cart rental fee, time invested back...of course not!!!  But If someone's computer is constantly disconnecting...(Internet dying, or modem/router, etc) perhaps...you should know that and never get involved with a multi-player game!!!  I know everyone seems to think that If some sort of penalty was accessed on quitters for quitting a multiplayer game...as I have stated in my prior posts, that it would 'unfairly' affect those that lose there connection due to no fault of their own!!!  Well that may be so!!! But understand if I would lose my connection I would also be penalized as well !!!  But my expierience here on wgt is that...I (and many of you...be honest) are not losing connections, every round, or every tournament, or every day, or every week...or the most dreaded...after bad shots !!!  If you lose 1 connection in one month (remember we are taliking while playing in a multiplayer game only) and by the penalty accessment I suggested you are dropped a level...you can pick that level back up in 2 weeks easy!!!  ( And that's not a bad trade off...to get rid of the HABITUAL QUITTERS) However if your computer is losing it's connection every or every other round that you are involved in a multiplayer game!!!  THEN MY ADVICE IS TO ALWAYS PLAY ALONE...OR...GO BUY YOU A NEW COMPUTER...OR...PLAY ONE OF THOSE FREE CARD GAMES THAT COMES FREE WITH ALL COMPUTERS AND CONNECTIONS !!!   But I understand...it seems that y'all have more compassion to a QUITTER... (probably knowing that since it is my computer I can quit anytime I want)...and that 1 day after a bad shot i'm gonna quit too!!!  Because I noticed that people have more excuses for quitting and quitters...then they have for someone to try and rectify a situation that we and wgt can get a handle on!!! Quitting is truly getting out of hand here...and everybody knows it except for the quitters...but they know it too !!! because they are reading this post as well!!! Now I would have to believe that any responses after this would almost certainly be from a quitter or from someone who is premeditating quitting in the future !!!   ANY TAKERS????

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 11:32 PM

My name is Yancy. I have a story that been itching to tell fer awhiles and the like and maybe this be the approopriatbles

Me and my old time WGT friend Bearclaw27 the other night where setting up a Blitz game and we needed a third player so being just common men - we chose "anyone", trying to be of the friendly all up on this wgt and such.

Bout 4 players appeared with the wgt running its filters or whatnots, each of them lasted no more than 10seconds before 'boink' sound and disappearing.

Now as I was saying up before up there - me and Bearclaw27 be just common type men, respectables and the like, but it must be our player icons that dern scared em off from these matches.

We found it to be the highlight of the evening as the random golfers took like 7 seconds - quick look at me and my buddy player icons and "bail, bail, bail, bail"

RSS