Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 8:15 AM

daveparr:

dbaron99:
    There is so much currently wrong with this Beta version as clearly outlined in the 34 pages of feedback. Time will tell, I hope you're right in the end!

There are also 2, very strong undeniable advantages over the flash game,  1, it has Superior smoother metering,  2, a lot fewer Dis-connects l have been playing it since it was downloadable for PC, and had just 1, genuine disconnect   the mobile HD Version is a more stable reliable game in my opinion.

Agreed regarding the meter and disconnects Dave.

I disagree with dbaron99's wording of "...so much currently wrong with this Beta version..." though. I would argue that "...so much currently different with this Beta version..." is a more balanced view, without the value judgment.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 8:23 AM

Wutpa:

And I think it's also worth pointing out that the 'real' PC version also contains turkey hats, a plethora of sparkly and noisy ball effects, speed up boosts, xp boosts and a bunch of other semi-embarrassing things. It's hardly innocent either.

I don’t think the original flash game includes ‘turkey hats’ or apparel anything. Yes it does contain ball effects and boosts etc, but I can’t think of anything that resembles semi embarrassing items?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 8:42 AM

andwhy67:
    I don’t think the original flash game includes ‘turkey hats’ or apparel anything. Yes it does contain ball effects and boosts etc, but I can’t think of anything that resembles semi embarrassing items?

I was just pointing out that the flash game has access to gimmicky elements too, as listed. I didn't mention apparel as being one of those things, but there are the 'boosts' and there is/used to be the 'slow swing meter' thing you could buy, and the 'gobble gobble' turkey ball effects (as well as Valentine hearts and kiss sounds, champagne bubbles and so on).

I think of these things as being "semi-embarrassing" in an otherwise straightforward golf sim, but that's just my opinion of course. They're not mandatory and I didn't suggest they were, but then neither is playing in coin rooms or any of the mobile-only features.

My point was that when it comes to arcade-like features, the gap between the mobile and desktop versions may not be as wide as it first appears.

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:11 AM

Wutpa:

My point was that when it comes to arcade-like features, the gap between the mobile and desktop versions may not be as wide as it first appears.

+ 1

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:35 AM

andwhy67:

don’t think the original flash game includes ‘turkey hats’ or apparel anything. Yes it does contain ball effects and boosts etc, but I can’t think of anything that resembles semi embarrassing items?

the HD Mobile game is more gimicky undeniable  but what l would say to those considering playing the HD mobile version there is a lot of Good things to be had in the coin room, ie  attire for your Avatar  Slacks , Plus/fours,  polo shirts, Caps/ visors, footware each in variuos colours.

And All Free

the silver coins are for entry to the games to win these items.

\-/

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:37 AM

The game is baffed rn.  giving errors at the end of coin games, taking your coins and not giving them for a win.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:40 AM

kavvz:
    The game is baffed rn.  giving errors at the end of coin games, taking your coins and not giving them for a win.

Only had one problem like that in the games l played, when  my opponent quit l was not awarded the win but mostly l find it works well

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:59 AM

My original question still applies ...'What is the purpose of Coins"   I have logged on with my phone a few times (which the game is nearly impossible to play with a 4 inch screen no clue how anyone does... Kudos to those that do) But I noticed I had a few million in Coins what can I buy with them??

JD

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 10:01 AM

ScottHope:

You may regret mentioning it JD...

: ))

OH MY SCOTTY!!!....I AM JUST SPEECHLESS!!   I SEE THAT ON REAL GOLF COURSES EVERYDAY (YEAH OK!!)

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 12:40 PM

JDGHOST:

My original question still applies ...'What is the purpose of Coins"   I have logged on with my phone a few times (which the game is nearly impossible to play with a 4 inch screen no clue how anyone does... Kudos to those that do) But I noticed I had a few million in Coins what can I buy with them??

JD

I do believe you can rent clubs with them, though I have never done that. I use them for when my club is in a turf war. That is the only time I have ever used them. If you like to play in the coin rooms, they will be useful, but if you don’t, they are pretty much useless. 

RSS