Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 9:07 PM

Here is the thing.....If you enjoy golf whether it is Playing in "The Real World"...or watching the TV boys and girls do things we dream of .....Then the "REAL" PC version  is was and always will be the way to play WGT.....Can anyone tell me the last time they remember seeing Tommy Fleetwood change his "SHOES" or dress like a "PIMP" and suddenly his it 10 yards past Brooks Koepka? Or Lexi Thompson in spandex and wife beater with a friggin turkey on her head!!!   Of course not its as ludicrous as ANY mobile version currently available...BTW what are the coins good for anyway?? Please enlighten me..

That being said change is coming like it or not...Either the techs get the "New PC/Mobile" version identical to the current PC (Which they could I mean they should own the TINS right?).....Or Without the ability to play in foursomes, chose your course and conditions,play match and skins for "CREDITS" not coins that can actually be used for pro shop purchases...THE WGT  WE KNOW AND LOVE IS LOST!!

Now my biggest hope is simple ...regardless of what you do WGT...PLEASE let the current PC version "ALSO" be available along with whatever mobile "ARCADE Like option you decide to run and let us worry about accessing flash when chrome and other browsers "supposedly " stop supporting it!! Because I believe  there will be ways to do that for years to come....Flash Will be out there!

Just my thoughts and wishes....(But I am a diehard Vikings fan and believe we have a chance to beat the Saints so what do I know!!) 

JD    (WELL MAYBE I DO KNOW A LITTLE AFTER ALL SKOL VIKES!!!)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 11:39 PM

JDGHOST:
    Here is the thing.....If you enjoy golf whether it is Playing in "The Real World"...or watching the TV boys and girls do things we dream of .....Then the "REAL" PC version  is was and always will be the way to play WGT.....Can anyone tell me the last time they remember seeing Tommy Fleetwood change his "SHOES" or dress like a "PIMP" and suddenly his it 10 yards past Brooks Koepka?? Of course not its as ludicrous as ANY mobile version currently available...BTW what are the coins good for anyway?? Please enlighten me..

I've only ever played WGT on PC, but although I agree that the mobile version contains all that extra distracting nonsense that makes it arcade-like, it's worth remembering that the new version can still be played in the same old way by just bypassing all that stuff. If you don't want anything to do with coins and apparel (and I know I don't) then a couple of clicks and you're past it and on to the regular game play.

And I think it's also worth pointing out that the 'real' PC version also contains turkey hats, a plethora of sparkly and noisy ball effects, speed up boosts, xp boosts and a bunch of other semi-embarrassing things. It's hardly innocent either.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 3:19 AM

l dont hold out  hope that wgt will duplicate the pc  flash game to the HD mobile why would they, im sure it would upset the mobile players if their game was changed beyond what they regonized

us pc players will just have to adapt and hope wgt will add some of the flash games like A/S, Match/play  to mobile think the mobile players would appreciate these also.

\-/

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 3:19 AM

\-/

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 5:45 AM

Wutpa:

And I think it's also worth pointing out that the 'real' PC version also contains turkey hats, a plethora of sparkly and noisy ball effects, speed up boosts, xp boosts and a bunch of other semi-embarrassing things. It's hardly innocent either.

Wutpa,

Well pointed out with those items ....you are correct also unneeded  ...I have a question tho I have seen the turkey balls but was there really a turkey "Hat" lol  never seen that one? 

Best wishes JD           #SAVETHEPCVERSION 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 6:40 AM

You may regret mentioning it JD...

: ))

• dbaron99
    21 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 6:58 AM

Watpa … I hope your faith in WGT and the outcome you believe in will actually happen … many of the long-time WGT players are highly sceptical. I know many of the PC WGT players don't like/prefer the current mobile app for many reasons. All I'm saying is that if the final non-Flash PC version isn't very similar to the functionality of the current Flash version with the ability to 1) easily setup matches with your friends 2) select different game formats and 3) select different  courses and 4) configure course settings .... an unknown number of the user base will just leave WGT! There is so much currently wrong with this Beta version as clearly outlined in the 34 pages of feedback. Time will tell, I hope you're right in the end!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 7:29 AM

dbaron99:
    All I'm saying is that if the final non-Flash PC version isn't very similar to the functionality of the current Flash version with the ability to 1) easily setup matches with your friends 2) select different game formats and 3) select different  courses and 4) configure course settings .... an unknown number of the user base will just leave WGT! There is so much currently wrong with this Beta version as clearly outlined in the 34 pages of feedback. Time will tell, I hope you're right in the end!

Right now you can't currently set up multiplayer games in the same way as the flash version, that's true. But WGT know that's a fundamental and popular element of the desktop game so I genuinely don't believe for a second they won't be bringing that over to the new version too, in time.

As for some of your other points, you already can select different courses (the whole catalogue of courses in fact) and configure course settings too, although only in practice mode. But that's the same as the flash version anyway (except when creating a tournament round). So if you want to play a solo round, either ranked or practice, you can do so just as you can in the flash game.

I get what you are saying and what others are saying, and I'm certainly not saying I'm a fan of the new version. What I am just saying is that we have a year to get used to the differences and so yes, some elements of game play will have to be relearned, but once you stop paying attention to the low-resolution avatar, balls and flags the game isn't as entirely different as it seems, in my opinion. The courses still look the same, many people are reporting the meter to be more smooth and stable, and most of the shots play similarly. The putting is a whole other beast of course, but I don't know that it is a much different experience than when tiering up and going from tournament to championship greens, for example. Putting has to be relearned then too in my experience.

We have a year to play it and get used to it while WGT work on improving it and bringing across more features.  Twelve months. At the end of the year if you (and anyone else) has played it regularly and still can't get on with it and adjust then fair enough and farewell.

But until then I just think it's way too premature for people to be screaming that the sky is falling.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 7:29 AM

dbaron99:
    There is so much currently wrong with this Beta version as clearly outlined in the 34 pages of feedback. Time will tell, I hope you're right in the end!

There are also 2, very strong undeniable advantages over the flash game,  1, it has Superior smoother metering,  2, a lot fewer Dis-connects l have been playing it since it was downloadable for PC, and had just 1, genuine disconnect   the mobile HD Version is a more stable reliable game in my opinion.

Normaly if you get Disconnects its cause the other player has quit that normaly happens in the coins room.

Just a tip for PC players if you are new to the mobile coins room turn the chat off, you do get one or two nasty characters hanging out in there they will be abusive trying to get you to quit to score a easy win, and its only a 45 second clock anyway

\-/

RSS