Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 9:51 AM

Thank you Scott  :)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 12:59 PM

Not sure if mentioned before too many pages to sift though to see if it has, but I think WGT could get rid of the animations at the beginning of each hole that say who's away and who's in the lead...  Kind of just wastes time.  Both players surely are well aware of that information.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:16 AM

Being able to save and load apparel setups would be nice too.  :)

• robertgems
    154 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 12:56 AM

Been playing the new version and I think it is going to be great in time.  When I try to play a bracket tourney though I get a message that says error #1056 and not eligible for this tourney.  Even when I am sure to play a legend tourney. Tierless tourneys I get same message.  ????  

• BethBirdie
    11 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 9:41 AM

What will happen to all my avatars?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 12:55 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 2:07 PM

TopShelf2010:

BethBirdie:

What will happen to all my avatars?

Early on after the release of PCEA, Champion mentioned that the team were looking in to the avatar situation. Nothing has been mentioned since then

Don

It'll be interesting to see how WGT will incorporate the two avatar systems from completely different approaches.

To be totally honest, I won't be holding my breath about it.

It is very probable that there are two dev teams, one for PC (for maintaining mostly now) and the other for mobile, working separately and independently from each other. If not, lots of things (discrepancies of platforms, integration issues, bugs,  development speed, etc., etc.) cannot be explained.

Or another possible scenario is... all the original members who developed the game are gone, either retired, quit the job, moved on to other company, moved up to the executive level, etc. so the new staff has to look into the codings someone else did and figure out which is which, which connects to which (good luck with that LOL) whenever they're asked to perform an update. That's why something always breaks down on each update because even the poor newbies don't know what to expect.

But who knows what's really going on inside...

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 2:27 PM

whether it is new or old bug... I tried to meet a fellow club member on early access as we were both interested in playing more on it for testing and we got an error … no cross platform play … so how is two people both logged into the PC EA not being allowed to play those on their friends list???  

are there different versions or updates that could cause one person to be technically a different version than the other?  seems odd.

• dbaron99
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:53 PM

WGT Early Access for PCThe Beta PC Version looks like the Mobile App version!!

None of the great functionality of the current FLASH version is available in this new version! It's like I'm playing an arcade version of the game .. trying to collect coins .. where's the ability to set up any  game format on any specific course and invite your friends to play!

Without this I know many that will no longer play WGT. When I first heard about the new version I was given the impression that it would be very similar in functionality to the current version … unfortunately it's not even close.

I agree with almost everything in the 33 pages of responses … too bad WGT doesn't just take the FLASH version that everyone who plays it likes and convert that to a non-FLASH software version instead of taking the arcade mobile app and trying to make it into something it never was!

Just my thoughts .. very unfortunate!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:29 PM

dbaron99:
    None of the great functionality of the current FLASH version is available in this new version!

.....I agree with almost everything in the 33 pages of responses …

If you'd read all 33 pages then you'd know that WGT are working to add many if not all of the features from the flash version. This is still just an early access version not the final full release with 12 months until the flash version disappears. They're not going to add everything all at once and you shouldn't want them to, it would create a massively buggy mess.

Take a deep breath...hell, take a boatload of deep breaths and just use the early access version to practice on until the final version is released.

Or, don't. But try to be realistic and not so hyperbolic in the expression of your thoughts/hopes if possible please.

RSS