Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Intrepidarts
    18 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 5:04 AM

gameplay dinstinctions aren't there anymore 

your swing meter used to have distinct markings that matched up to certain meterage 

now your guessing what distance your hitting on a blank swing meter 

same with the putting 

also with the putting the meter is nowhere near the same allowances for putting direction on the meter - i realise the meter isn't designed for this but plenty of people use it this way - 

again i understand these are new additions to the game and something to grow to but the allowances of the old version gave players options that they were used to

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 5:44 AM

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 6:44 AM

Your club  needs to be level 2 for the free putter pal, and level 4 for the free shot pal.

Dave. 

• Intrepidarts
    18 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 5:16 PM

yeah not what i'm referring to Dave 

the writing 

ORIGINAL 

is used a guide 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 1:33 PM

Here's a question.

Where do I go on the PCEA version to change my status/availability?

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:06 AM

I haven’t read all the replies in this string but have read a lot of them. I would like to throw in my 2 cents.

The PC app is good, but not quite as good as the mobile app yet. The mobile app plays smoother with virtually no shot meter jitters. The graphics are not as crystal clear on the PC as they are on my iPad. However, the interface is identical to the mobile app with very few exceptions.  I’m sure all of that has been said before, so I’ll get into the meat of my argument. 

I’ve read “the shot meter is too big” or “the shot meter doesn’t have the hash marks that we’re used to.”  I’ve read “the wind meter is to small” or “I can’t aim using the small onscreen course map.” I’ve read a ton more. All of that is helpful advice. But there is a lot complaining that isn’t helpful.

It’s great that we all have opinions and would like to see some changes. However, there are thousands of us who play mobile exclusively. Take a look at the number of players in each room at any given time. That doesn’t include those who do not play in the rooms. (Thousands more). Nearly everyone in my Country Club plays WGT mobile exclusively. We even promote our club as a mobile only CC. 

Yes, some people like all the carnival attire and turkey sounds when they hit the ball, but a ton of us play competitively and are trying to get better and better. Everyone plays for their own reasons. To each his own.

Most folks that play WGT mobile do not care for the PC version. It’s like playing a different game altogether. I’m sure playing mobile feels the same to the folks who play on a PC exclusively.

I’m sure when WGT started out, they did not imagine the ending of flash, yet it’s coming, and it’s not the mobile players fault this is coming.  I hope I speak for most of my brothers and sisters who play mobile, we do not want it to be changed to play like the PC version. If we did, we would be playing on a PC and not an iPad or whatever. A tweak here and there is needed, but an all out redesign should never happen.

At one time I attempted to make the change to the PC version and all of my PC playing WGT friends said its a huge change, and I would have to do a ton of practicing to get the hang of it. I tried it and didn’t like it.  So, my advise to all those who may have to make the switch to mobile or the PC app in the near future, is the same advise I was once given. 

The point of the rant is, learn to play the app and you’ll be just fine. If you are already a great player, you will still be a great player in short order.

My 2 cents...

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 1:11 PM

I just posted this in the 'WGT Early Access for PC' thread, but this is probably the better place for it. Apologies for the duplication.

Here's some likes/dislikes with the PCEA version.

• The avatar swing motion is nice...I enjoy seeing a smooth backswing at last.
    • I'm enjoying the closer view of the cup with the reverse cam when putting.
    • The swing meter is mostly smooth...often some stuttering as it approaches the ding line but not enough to put me off my shot.
    • The screen loading between shots (especially in match play) seems faster.
    • The chat feature is less distracting when another player makes a comment, and it's possible to finish a message between shots now.
    • The course reproductions seem as good in quality/definition as the flash version.
    • In match play I can see the club choice of my opponent during his/her shot.

Dislikes:

• The image quality of the avatar, ball and flag is poor and cartoonish. The shadows are particularly bad and look like they were drawn by a child. Possibly a visually-impaired one.
    • The ball representation is too large when in flight and looks more like a tennis ball.
    • If pulling the pin before striking the ball it is not possible to replace it again before the ball comes to a stop.
    • In match play I no longer have access to different camera angles when it is my opponent's turn to play.
    • Some (just a few) of the camera positions that I rely upon in the flash version, particularly the reverse view ones are not available in this version.
    • The chat screen feels too large and masks what is happening on screen, so if my opponent plays while I am typing then I can barely see what the shot does while the chat box is up.
    • The mini-map does not yet show distances from ball to pin when hovering the cursor over the ball.
    • I'm not a fan of the on-screen marker that appears during ball flight which shows the ball position when that ball is outside the area of the screen, particularly to the top. It took me a few games to realise that wasn't the actual ball.
    • This may be a screen resolution issue (I have mine set to maximum allowable and fulls screen when playing) but the player view when addressing the ball is somewhat more zoomed in than in the flash version. Mostly this is not a problem but it can be, for example on Olympic #4 (?) the overhanging branch is not visible as it is outside and above the screen area. If I hadn't played the flash version for years I wouldn't even know it was there until I hit it.
    • I don't know how to change my status/availability colour in the PCEA version.
    • This point equally applies to the mobile version since the PCEA is based on that, but it is now possible to see who has played club bracket competitions and what they scored before the round is over, or even before the bracket has filled. This removes the mystery element that the flash version maintains where scores are only visible once both players have completed their round.

There's other stuff in both likes and dislikes that I can't remember right now, but that's what most easily comes to mind. I haven't mentioned the meter speed or putting break challenges because although I'm struggling to adapt I will eventually. They are different, but not necessarily better or worse in my opinion, just elements I have to learn.

Nigel.

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 4:41 AM

I have been having a playabout with the new version and am having some problems with the settings

i would like to access my task bar during play but if I turn off full screen in the settings I lose the bottom of the wgt page the bit with the menu for pro shop, country club etc. Now obviously I then can’t play the game as I lose the meter and club selection. This is the same in all 4 resolution settings.

any help would be appreciated as I’m not to knowledgeable with computers

thanks 

andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 5:35 AM

Phippo20040:
    i would like to access my task bar during play but if I turn off full screen in the settings I lose the bottom of the wgt page the bit with the menu for pro shop, country club etc

A quick fix is to move your task bar. I have mine at the top of the screen and in the non-fullscreen mode you can see it. Moving it to one of the sides works, too.

Click and hold the left mouse button on the taskbar and drag it to where you want. :-)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 10:01 AM

TopShelf2010:

Intrepidarts:
    gameplay dinstinctions aren't there anymore 

Have you changed country clubs recently?

Your current club is not at a level to receive free shot and putter pals.

Which brings me to...

if you have shot and putter pals, make sure they are Turned ON within the game settings.

Don

What he is talking about is the original meter on the flash version. The meter has 10-90% clearly marked. At the end is sort of a ruler that pretty closely coincides with 92.5% ,95% and 97.5%. The meter on mobile doesn't have these extra marks and neither does the meter PCEA version. 

RSS