Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 12:59 PM

yorxx:
    Hi scot once more i checked that program out and something else what helped me out was WGT EXE fullscreen.exe now the whole game fits in my screen with taskbar so much easier to play now i can not express my gratitude for your help THANK YOU VERY MUCH and i send you friend request if you ever see me green on game feel free to invite game. Thank you again, yorxx.

Hi yorxx, how did you fix your problem, here is what I can not get around.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know how to make your task bar appear over the WGT launcher game? I’m using a 17.3” screen laptop with a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and the 1024x768, & 1360x768 are to small for my screen size, and the 1920x1080 is just a bit too large, it cuts off ½ of the meter, & ball on the bottom.

If I use full screen, it will not give me access to my task bar where I keep my course notes and other items I use in the game.

Does anyone have a work around on this issue?

Thanks

Dave.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 2:03 PM

If yorxx doesn't mind me stepping in here...

Hello Dave, you might find a couple of my little apps useful for your problem. Both are similar, but slightly different.

The fullscreen one makes the game fill your whole monitor but without covering up the taskbar. The maximize/restore down one, makes the game fill your whole monitor but it does cover the taskbar. Although you can access your other programs in both apps without the game window disappearing

Fullscreen

Maximize/Restore down

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 7:32 AM

Hi Scott, and once again I need to thank you.

I’m starting to sound like a broken record as I have thanked you many times over the years for your help. What you do for all of us here who play this fun game goes without words, as I’m sure there are 1000’s more people who you have helped make this game just a bit more enjoyable.

The hot key program worked just fine. Now I just have to get used to the longer meter. LOL.

Thanks

Dave.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 3:01 PM

You're very welcome Dave.

You don't say which of the apps you chose, but the fullscreen one, if you have a nice fat taskbar at the side of the screen, makes the game screen not so wide, so you get a shorter meter, but that's a bit of a clunky solution for a shorter meter.

I was working on some additional code for the fullscreen app which would enable you to make the game screen whatever size you wanted, but I put it to one side because of an apparent lack of interest. Maybe I'll have another look at that.

Thanks again Dave.  ; )

• jblair1017
    253 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 8:57 AM

I play on a laptop set in a docking station with 2 Dell monitors. Every time I try to open the game I get a double vision image, one red and one green. Totally unplayable. Anyone else experience this or is there a fix?

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 8:12 PM

I'm still having issues on the greens... Longer putts are actually easier for me than the 5 and 6 footers. Seems kinda oxymoronic. The short one's tend to way over break. Just has that feel like the ball is "gliding" on a sheet of ice. Had a 5 footer with about 2 inches of right to left break, aimed 2 inches right and even missed ding slightly to the right (on purpose) as if to help push the ball right, missed left and went 6" past hole. I'm not complaining, just stating something just doesn't "feel" right about the roll on the short ones...

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 9:09 AM

ScottHope:

You're very welcome Dave.

You don't say which of the apps you chose, but the fullscreen one, if you have a nice fat taskbar at the side of the screen, makes the game screen not so wide, so you get a shorter meter, but that's a bit of a clunky solution for a shorter meter.

I was working on some additional code for the fullscreen app which would enable you to make the game screen whatever size you wanted, but I put it to one side because of an apparent lack of interest. Maybe I'll have another look at that.

Thanks again Dave.  ; )

Hi Scott.

I used the full screen hot key code, and I also took your advice as to move my task bar to the side of my screen and make it wide to match the PC screen size. This does shrink the WGT screen & meter to fit what I’m more accustom to playing at. Now I just need to adjust to my tack bar being on the side instead of the bottom in auto hide mode.

You said you where working on a hot key code that would let you make the screen what ever size you want? I would be very interested in this. In fact, when I play Turf Wars on my PC, I use an android emulator to cross over to the mobile version and it lets me drag the screen to what ever I like as a screen size. I would like to do that with the PC program if it could be done. That way I can keep my task bar on the bottom of my PC in auto hide mode.

Once again, thank you for all you do for us here on WGT.

Dave. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 10:15 AM

Cheers Dave.

The custom screen size app is still a work in progress, and as much as I would like it to work in the same way that you would resize any other window, by dragging the window edge or corner, I don't have the knowledge to write the code for that.

If the app does get finished, the game screen size and position can be changed by entering values into input boxes. Although this is not as quick as clicking and dragging, once you have entered your preferred settings, you will be able to apply those settings repeatedly with just a couple of clicks.

Wish me luck for a successful outcome.  ; )

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 3:59 AM

Moin Champ

First of all: Thanks for the info. Good news for me as a pc only player that the fun will go on. Will try out the new format soon by download the Early Access version. Now, my question is: I can play both then, WGT and WGT Early Access, right?

Cheers,  Friedel

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 4:26 AM

ostfriedel:
    Now, my question is: I can play both then, WGT and WGT Early Access, right?

Yes Friedel, you can. You can even start a game in one version and finish it in the other if that takes your fancy.  ; )

RSS