Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 12:54 PM

JimbeauC:
    I use Chrome. Going to any website via the Launcher messes it up. Flash quits working altogether. The only way I've found to fix it is to reset Chrome settings. This turns off most extensions, including AB+. Easy enough to reengage. Biggest pain is losing sign ons and having to sign back into everything. The i or lock next to reload does no good.

Just log out Jim via the top navigation menu..

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 1:43 PM

ScottHope:
    Just log out Jim via the top navigation menu..

I'll give that a try next time. Might be a long time, as I plan to avoid using the launcher for anything other testing game play changes. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 2:02 PM

You can go to the flashless website from the flashy website quite easily, if you want to test it.

At the end of the URL in the address bar just add  ?pf=desktop  then hit enter.

If there is already a query identifier '?' in the URL, use an ampersand '&' instead,  &pf=desktop
    If there is a document fragment identifier '#' in the URL, delete everything to the right of and including the identifier, then add the  ?pf=desktop

Now you can try the log out from the My Account on the menu.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 9:52 AM

WGTChampion:

Please keep all feedback to the WGT Early Access Forum. THANKS!

_CHAMPION 

Just a suggestion, do something about the shot timer. We need to be able to shut it off or set it to 60 seconds.

Right now I am very slow at it and pushing the envelope a bit. If I chat, its even worse.

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:46 AM

WGTChampion:

You can download the game for Windows HERE

I acquired a computer that was equipped with windows and had it running at the time I clicked the link which resulted in me getting the pc early access for the computer.  I really liked it.  

I just couldn't get used to windows though since i have been using Linux Mint for years so I installed Linux Mint on the computer and in the process had the installation completely remove windows. Once I got Mint all configured to my liking, I promptly returned to this thread to download the pc early access game again but upon clicking the link it whisked me away to the download site for different devices for the game.

I got wine installed on the computer and with the accompanying PlayOnLinux in order to install Internet Explorer which I did and tried to click the HERE link using it only to find out that all of the Internet Explorer installations in PlayOnLinux are stated to be not fully functional.  It would not open the link.

Any helpful ideas on how to get the pc game to download?

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 12:28 PM

BogeyOne:

WGTChampion:

You can download the game for Windows HERE

I acquired a computer that was equipped with windows and had it running at the time I clicked the link which resulted in me getting the pc early access for the computer.  I really liked it.  

I just couldn't get used to windows though since i have been using Linux Mint for years so I installed Linux Mint on the computer and in the process had the installation completely remove windows. Once I got Mint all configured to my liking, I promptly returned to this thread to download the pc early access game again but upon clicking the link it whisked me away to the download site for different devices for the game.

I got wine installed on the computer and with the accompanying PlayOnLinux in order to install Internet Explorer which I did and tried to click the HERE link using it only to find out that all of the Internet Explorer installations in PlayOnLinux are stated to be not fully functional.  It would not open the link.

Any helpful ideas on how to get the pc game to download?

I'm guessing when you went to down load the MSI file you got to this address https://standalone.wgt.com/earlyaccess/WGTLauncher.msi and nothing happened using wine

just copy that address into your browser that you regularly use and it will down load that file for you

hope this helps nolan

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 7:54 PM

The wine installation I was using was not completing its task and an error showed that said words to the effect that the installation of wine was in error or that there were missing files and stuff.  So I removed that wine installation (which I had manually installed using the terminal in Linux Mint) and got one already configured from the software manager.

That wine installation did open the launcher and put it on my desktop looking just like it did in my short time with windows on this computer before I put Linux on it but the little launcher box says it is updating but then just sits there going nowhere.

Oh well. If worse comes to worse, I can play the mobile game on my smartphone when flash goes away and just accept it will not be the most pleasant experience what with the small screen.  

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:33 PM

BogeyOne:

The wine installation I was using was not completing its task and an error showed that said words to the effect that the installation of wine was in error or that there were missing files and stuff.  So I removed that wine installation (which I had manually installed using the terminal in Linux Mint) and got one already configured from the software manager.

That wine installation did open the launcher and put it on my desktop looking just like it did in my short time with windows on this computer before I put Linux on it but the little launcher box says it is updating but then just sits there going nowhere.

Oh well. If worse comes to worse, I can play the mobile game on my smartphone when flash goes away and just accept it will not be the most pleasant experience what with the small screen.  

open wine explorer ... go to your c:\ ... C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf

it should be there double click on the golf file

Oh and good luck nolan

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 10:08 AM

Today I started getting meter stutters in the new early access version.  Prior to today everything was smooth as silk.  I logged out, rebooted my laptop, etc. etc. etc.  Still getting the occasional stuttering meter.  Anyone else seeing this, and if so, what's the solution if you fixed it?  Thanks for any help!

• Raher2001
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 12:40 AM

there is no golf.exe file

RSS