Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 6:49 PM

pmm711:
    think it's rather smug for some PC players to think otherwise. 

Maybe... but consider how much time and effort some have put into their putting method on PC... ideally anyone would prefer to use what already works... if not all of those players are good enough and smart enough to adapt if they have too... just as the balls change... players remap their clubs... the same will happen with putting.  It isnt unplayable... just feels different right now.  

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 2:02 AM

el3n1:

pmm711:
    think it's rather smug for some PC players to think otherwise. 

Maybe... but consider how much time and effort some have put into their putting method on PC... ideally anyone would prefer to use what already works... if not all of those players are good enough and smart enough to adapt if they have too... just as the balls change... players remap their clubs... the same will happen with putting.  It isnt unplayable... just feels different right now.  

I agree 100%...but let's not forget about the mobile community who has also put in a lot of time and effort to learn their platform's putting method.  And...we happen to be moving over to their mobile platform.  This can really become a political debate and I'm one to stay away from those in public forums.  I just have a gut feel the mobile way isn't going to change as players on that side already have their formulas and methods learned in rote.  I can't see telling them to change is acceptable in any which way.  PC players are very capable of reading mobile forums and learning from the mobile player experiences.  Let's just say "Mobile players' lives matter".  :-)

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 7:33 AM

Essisdaddy:
    I don't need to tell anyone in this thread, Scott, and you know how we all feel about you but I'm saying it nonetheless - you are a ******* STAR.   Thank you, Sir.
    Thank you Essisdaddy. ; )

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 9:39 AM

pmm711:
    but let's not forget about the mobile community who has also put in a lot of time and effort to learn their platform's putting method.

I don't think it is political to make observations of players preference for one platform or the other... the key may be changes in the gaming industry to incorporate more and more "micro transactions" into the games to potentially increase sales of "virtual types of currency" combined with flash coming to an end.

I haven't been around since the beginning and I am not staring at a timeline, but I believe the desktop PC version came along first and the vast majority of all tips and strategies in the forums are geared towards desktop play, including putting break formulas.. but mobile players tend to be less involved in the forum, so it is impossible to claim there are no mobile players who have developed their own break formula... I just haven't seen or read about one.   

The bigger issue which I think you allude to in another post in another thread... is the projected use of sponsor apparel in WGT tournaments... I believe I read you foresee this as being problematic and I would agree... the increased distances off the tee especially dramatically shorten the courses and even though we play in a virtual world, it seems changing the courses or lengthening them is not easily done and that may be the only way to combat the increased distance.  Just shortens even some of the longest more challenging holes.  I use it, but I am not the biggest fan of it.  But I can save credits by playing a cheaper or free ball.  So I join in the fun : )

• ranjet
    2,261 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 3:59 PM

DonCaron:

ranjet:

all you need is an Android emulator on your PC.....its the mobile version  of wgt we pc players are going into when flash has gone but i been using an emulator for months now just to try the mobile side of life.same computer mouse keyboard etc etc.........but if given the option when downloading the mobile version to play via GOOGLE PLAY..select yes ...ive had no trouble what so ever and can be logged into both PC and Mobile at the same time...

but do choose a decent emulator ..switch of all adverts and rubbish and you should be fine...putting is the biggest difference ive found...more break on mobile it seems but ill get there eventually i hope....

I had Bluetacks for an Emulator. I got rid of it for the new App.

i use the NOX6 emulator.....very good no issue's with it at all.....

best of luck to you all in the future...

• Patriknord
    20 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:48 AM

What? i hope i missunderstand this...but will the new pcgame look like the mobileversion? .i hope not... and not allowed to download it, warning me for download and dosnt matter if i accept the download

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 10:42 AM

el3n1:
    I don't think it is political to make observations of players preference for one platform or the other.

Neither do I :-/

el3n1:
    I haven't been around since the beginning and I am not staring at a timeline, but I believe the desktop PC version came along first and the vast majority of all tips and strategies in the forums are geared towards desktop play, including putting break formulas.. but mobile players tend to be less involved in the forum, so it is impossible to claim there are no mobile players who have developed their own break formula... I just haven't seen or read about one.   

This is all true too :-))

Also wgt haven't said the new version will be the mobile one or consider the mobile players in your comments.

We are sharing an Early Access build of this new standalone client so players can enjoy the experience as well as give us meaningful feedback on what works well and what we can improve.

If people think there's problems with the putting in early access then giving that feedback seems helpful and reasonable.

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 12:53 AM

As a long term player of wgt, I am surprised that the powers that be, did not do this...….

Most gamers will be aware that when a dev wants to do a huge change/update to an established game, they;

1: Invite selected players to "test" the new version.

2: This will be on a different server.

3: None of the testing will affect your stats.

4: Usage of in-game goodies is free.

Why on earth wgt did not invite say, 200 players from the top 4/5 tiers to test this new format in private is beyond me. There would be perfect feedback minus the drivel from moaners, and possibly a much faster changeover to the new version.

This new version (as it is) looks cheap and nasty and smacks of an uncaring owner.

I have diligently kept the new app up to date and tried to get on with it. But sorry...it stinks.

• Jeffrydercup
    4 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 2:06 AM

I've played for 2 days with this version, which is in fact more an emulation or portage of the Mobile version rather than a real  version developped for PC or MAC.

My actual feeling is that this "new" version is a game and not a simulation. It feel cheaper, slower, easier than the Flash version. Some game mode like  Alternate do not exist and this is really a pain.

The real only "good" for me is some game mode like The head to head mode with the room and the fact to play for 1 or 3 holes

WGT/Top golf should have thinked years ago to develop a new HTML 5 version of the game or something which approach mostely the actual flash version as it's not new that flash will not be supported in 2020.

Honestly I'm not sure at all to continue to play if this is the way WGT/Top Golf want's to go.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:03 AM

I noticed leader board ties are in different order from the new WGT to the regular WGT. 

Does the early access not have the count-back tie breaker in place?  

RSS