Help › Forums

Chipping on the greens (A poll)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2019 10:05 PM (23 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 5:57 AM

pmm711:
    If Phil hit as many poor shots as I do he’d do it way more. My WGT approach game needs to be more like Phil’s RL game.

While that's a great line and funny as well, you do realize that PGA players' stats don't come close to the stats on here for such things as driving accuracy, GIR, and proximity to the pin, yes? 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:43 PM

I tried to use the flop on the green just to see what everyone is talking about, I used backspin, dinged it. It went 1yard. PS. I play on mobile.            

fourdude:

I have no problem what so ever with a player using a wedge on the green, it is just like any other shot in this game.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 10:05 PM

santa084:

I tried to use the flop on the green just to see what everyone is talking about, I used backspin, dinged it. It went 1yard. PS. I play on mobile.            

fourdude:

I have no problem what so ever with a player using a wedge on the green, it is just like any other shot in this game.

On PC I remember it was usually a full shot w/ the shortest wedge 

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 1:56 AM

gherkinhead1:

I sometimes use a 3 wood on the green - for short putts,  sometimes it's easier.   Also it looks funny.

I think it's the huge swing and whooosh!!  that makes it look so amusing.
    One pitfall though is that those short putts, made easier, can translate into dirty great big ones if you don't have a steady hand.

This one here is a circa 6ft beast at Merion. Straightened out nicely and dispatched in style.

Cheers!

Rich

RSS