Forums

Help › Forums

Chipping on the greens (A poll)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2019 10:05 PM (23 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 2:47 PM
    In the rules of golf, you can pitch or chip on a green. It's within the rules. I don't do it, because I would not do it in real golf. But there is no rule against it.
  • santa084
    114 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 2:49 PM

See

gerryniswonger:

Thanks for all the input.  I guess when they whine and quit it's good riddance.

Let the baby quit!!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 3:47 PM

Robert1893:

Not necessarily.

A person may know how to use the shot and still call it cheating.

My bad, 99.9% of those who call it cheating have never bothered to learn how to use it!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 4:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQ3PDDhFuw

If its good enough for Phil, its good enough for me

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 5:29 PM

fatdan:
    My bad, 99.9% of those who call it cheating have never bothered to learn how to use it!

That's much better! :-) 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 5:31 PM

SeabrookFlash:

Just curious. How often do you think Phil chips or pitches while on the green? 

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 7:10 PM

Tour players do it when circumstance calls for it (seldom),not just because they s**k at putting. While it isn't againist the rules,it is clearly not in the spirit of the game. Are any tour pros pulling out their wedges on the practice green and working for hours to get their wedge putting honed? I know this subject has been beat to death here in the forums but needed to get my two cents in. Ty

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 7:10 PM

Tour players do it when circumstance calls for it (seldom),not just because they s**k at putting. While it isn't againist the rules,it is clearly not in the spirit of the game. Are any tour pros pulling out their wedges on the practice green and working for hours to get their wedge putting honed? I know this subject has been beat to death here in the forums but needed to get my two cents in. Ty

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 9:17 PM

I sometimes use a 3 wood on the green - for short putts,  sometimes it's easier.   Also it looks funny.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 1:15 AM
    Robert1893:

SeabrookFlash:

Just curious. How often do you think Phil chips or pitches while on the green? 

If Phil hit as many poor shots as I do he’d do it way more. My WGT approach game needs to be more like Phil’s RL game.
RSS