Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the average score going up since WC?

Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:01 PM (54 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:13 PM

Mythanatos:

I tiered up from TL to Champion with 69 RRs played in between. And while i play some on mobile I have cut way back. i often don't play any mobile games in a week.

Who knows what algorithm they have.

I once saw a Tour Champion who had a total of 6 ranked rounds (for all tiers). 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:35 PM

golfingguitarist:
    To explain... I had already saturated as a TL & got my score down to a 59.24 & was expecting to advance to Champ soon. Then, last year when they released Wolf Creek, they changed the saturation lever for TL's & my score started rising again severely on bad rounds & hardly moved on good rounds. Now, I am at a 62.17 & the total number of Ranked Rounds since I ORIGINALLY turned TL is over 1,100. I only play RR's & rarely ever play the Par 5's which I know do not count. We are the only Tier that was affected last year I believe & I thought after 1000 RR's it would re-saturate. But it has not & I am starting to get very pissed off about it all. I have been more than patient but they really messed with our avg's.

So, your score still fluctuates (going both up and down)? If so, I don’t know what to tell you. More than one player has confirmed that saturation for TL is 750 rounds. 

By the way, I believe saturation for Champion tier also changed at the same time. I believe the new number for Champion tier is now 1,000 rounds. It used to be 200 rounds. But I agree, the changes really stink. I was fortunate to tier up well before the changes.  

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:07 PM

golfingguitarist:
    Then, last year when they released Wolf Creek, they changed the saturation lever for TL's & my score started rising again severely on bad rounds & hardly moved on good rounds. Now, I am at a 62.17 & the total number of Ranked Rounds since I ORIGINALLY turned TL is over 1,100. I only play RR's & rarely ever play the Par 5's which I know do not count. We are the only Tier that was affected last year I believe & I thought after 1000 RR's it would re-saturate. But it has not & I am starting to get very pissed off about it all. I have been more than patient but they really messed with our avg's.
    They did, probably.

/methinks that they may have stripped some of your TL rounds from your average when they modified the conditions, raising the average itself PLUS the rounds needed to saturate.

If so, you'd have to grind on patiently until you meet the new numbers.

• rasputin6
    195 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:32 AM

Tour legend to champion is now 750 ranked rounds I think. Anyone clarify. Thanks.

• rasputin6
    195 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:32 AM

Tour legend to champion is now 750 ranked rounds I think. Anyone clarify. Thanks.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 2:14 AM

Here's a list by EasyEdward, a man you can trust, and a nice font size to boot.  : ))

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:01 AM

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:21 AM

I honestly don't know Don, you'll have to speak to Ed about that.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:16 AM

TopShelf2010:

ScottHope:
    Here's a list by EasyEdward

I was under the impression that if your were at the Champion tier, you needed to get your average to 55 in order to reach Tour Champion?

Don

EE says average at 57 but that can't be right because my average is below 57.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:45 AM

It is 55, and the number of rounds to saturation has changed too. 

RSS