Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the average score going up since WC?

Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:01 PM (54 replies)
  • golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 2:36 AM
    My Avg. score was heading down slowly. I had it to a 59.24 & since Wolf Creek was introduced, my scores have been directly affecting my avg. & it is now at 59.47. Obviously WGT has changed the saturation round number, but I have 663 ranked rounds as a TL. How many more will I need NOW to make Champ.....? Grrrr
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 6:13 PM

There are a number of similar posts since the last upgrade and I think the consensus answer so far is : We don't know!

And WGT does not really define these details at all.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:30 PM

FWIW, I have a couple of TL's in my club with same complaint.

It seems average might have been re-set for TL's.  They were not for me as a Champ.

It's Christmas and I should be nice (and I was not working this weekend), and I applaud the new course and new TC tier.

But they all took off.  So I have club glitches going on for Black Diamond GC membership list and our (I am club owner) inability to invite new members.  (Thankfully, I picked up a work around on latter from another owner.) 

Tom.

• AIMTOPLEZE
    557 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:54 PM

Mine as well,,I went from a 59.21 to a 60.43..I have ask and ask..I don't get the right answers.  Again, same here...TL

Something has gone really hay wire..

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:56 AM

Yeah, we were both almost to Champion status & now it will be several months to get back there...??? What the hell is going on?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 3:12 PM

golfingguitarist:

Yeah, we were both almost to Champion status & now it will be several months to get back there...??? What the hell is going on?

See linked post below.

Hat tip to patfrenchy for pursuing this and getting the answer.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/567054/3846281.aspx#3846281

WGT answer to my other question about tier saturation  :

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your message. When we originally introduced the Champion tier we made the number of ranked rounds needed to reach Champion tier very low, even lower than the number needed to achieve Tour Legend.

The reason for this was to help Tour Legends enter the Champion tier faster since they already had hundreds of rounds in the Tour Legend tier. This was always meant to only be a temporary number of rounds to change tier.

We have finally changed it so a player needs more ranked rounds to move from Tour Legend to Champion. With this change made it so the number of rounds needed to meet tier saturation to be much higher than previous. This is why some players have noticed that their average has been fluctuating recently.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 3:25 PM

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 9:28 PM

Well that's pretty much the answer I figured. Still sucks though, LOL. At this rate, I will probably never make Champion. I figured out it must have had something to do with the new tier introduction & not Wolf Creek. They were justt rolled out at the same time. Nice work WGT on the new course... it is a nice addition! 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:48 AM

When we launched Champion we made the number of rounds pretty low for TLs to move to Champion because TLs already had so many rounds before Champ was introduced. 

This required 200 rounds was always meant to be temporary and it didn't make sense that it took more rounds to move from Legend to Tour Legend than it did to move from Tour Legend to Champion. 

So yes, the number of ranked rounds has been increased which is why some current TLs are seeing some changes in their averages. 

Off topic: sorry I haven't been around too much since WC came out. It's been real busy. :(

_CHAMPION 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:04 AM

RSS