Forums

Help › Forums

avg score increases again despite more 200 rnds played

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 10 2019 4:02 PM (52 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 7:40 PM

Hmmn, once you hit Legend, all the distances are the same...so why does anyone sweat about an average, rank, etc?

So make C or TC with a 30 average, or A 75...

Insecurities will eff with you.

Play the game, meet new peeps, have fun!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:07 AM

MBaggese:
    Hmmn, once you hit Legend, all the distances are the same...so why does anyone sweat about an average, rank, etc?

This might be off topic and a bit out there for some, but here is a possible reason...

I actually wish WGT would track and log one's average over say the last 30 days or 30 -50 ranked rounds... which would be far closer to how real handicaps are established by only using your best scores over the last X # of rounds.  

Why... I have spoken or chatted with various people during my stint on WGT and come to learn or realize their are various health related topics that come up, some people mention memory fading, arthritis in the hands, or maybe some other ailment... 

Imagine if WGT tracked a person's performance such that it could be plotted over time … if someone is rapidly improving or their average is rapidly dropping... someone may seem puzzled but rather than lashing out a WGT maybe it would be a good sign or indication they should see a doctor... maybe some form of memory issue or a neurological issue that now effects their motor skills happens... maybe it is an early indication that would go undiagnosed otherwise.... 

Maybe in doing so, WGT would indirectly serving as a sign posts that there is something "off" in themselves and it isn't the game out to get them... but their reflexes are fading or memory has been impacted... they may have never considered early onset Alzheimer's but now they would or might... and interesting enough even the red tee champ's would see patterns because they may start to see their ability to score low even on the red tees diminished... who would have thought that?

I realize this may seem bizarre but it occurred to me there could actually be more value in tracking one's average if we didn't just blame WGT for everything... and just maybe  WGT could save lives as well as entertain us....

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:33 AM

@el3n1, if they did that  mine would be directly related to what and how much I am drinking these days  ๐Ÿ˜‚

โ˜•โ˜•โ˜•โ˜•= twitch and early dings and bad scores

๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ= late dings and bad scores

๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ= feeling just right  hitting the best I can and probably still bad scores. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:38 AM
    hadn't considered that, but then you might find out what the optimum number of drinks you can have and still play well : ) and in turn enjoying both of the things you enjoy... : )
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:45 AM

el3n1:
    if someone is rapidly improving or their average is rapidly dropping... someone may seem puzzled but rather than lashing out a WGT maybe it would be a good sign or indication they should see a doctor... maybe some form of memory issue or a neurological issue that now effects their motor skills happens...

I think I was agreeing with you as I started reading this but by the end I forgot what we were discussing.........

Sorry - time for my nap.

;)

• brucereffett
    14 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:04 PM

so after i have played 200 ranked rounds as a tour champ , my game should saturate ?

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:31 PM

I just noticed it today and think I'm right about 200 rounds after tossing 5's and customs, i don't play 3's very often. With an average at 61.20 I have gone down to 61.11 this afternoon after rounds of 31, 31 and 63 I should have gone up, not down .09 so I think saturation has arrived. Yay.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 2:25 PM

twinponds169:
    With an average at 61.20 I have gone down to 61.11 this afternoon after rounds of 31, 31 and 63 I should have gone up, not down .09 so I think saturation has arrived. Yay.
    Yep! That's the most obvious sign of saturation - a steep drop over a few rounds, even if the scores are above the average. That is due to higher scores being pushed out of the calculation.

Another confirmation of "200" as the TC saturation number.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 5:44 PM

This must be the only Golf game where just the under par rounds count for the avg

The logical must be an avg who fluctue taking in count one and each round, the -7, the E, and the +2, you know a REAL avg

AVG you say .....lol

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:34 PM

Your're welcome to go to "real" and "true" places - free yourself of this cr*p!

BTW: "Par" has nothing to do with the calculation.

RSS