avg score increases again despite more 200 rnds played

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 10 2019 4:02 PM (52 replies)
  • patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:04 AM

Hello

I'm TL.

For a few weeks, my avg score decreases when i play less than -5 and don't move if i play bad.

And when i passed under 59.6, it began to go up and down again. was 59.57 and now back to 59.63

today played -4 and passed 59.6 to 59.62

did wgt changed the rules about this subject

Patrick

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:22 AM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 10:05 AM

I'm hoping it's an inadvertent glitch that was somehow introduced with the opening up of the new tier. Otherwise, it's a bit unfair to move the goalposts for Tour Legends. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 1:26 PM

Robert1893:
    I'm hoping it's an inadvertent glitch that was somehow introduced with the opening up of the new tier. Otherwise, it's a bit unfair to move the goalposts for Tour Legends. 

They've been moved before. 

I'm a bit unsure of some the details in this but any correction would be welcomed.

When Champion and TC ties were created (the latter unpopulated and to be by invitation only :-/ ) overnight saturation at TL went from 500 rr's to 200 rr's.  The 200 rounds that were used to calculate a players average were the worst of the 200 of the 500 so peoples averages rose accordingly, some by quite a lot.

I'm not suggesting this time is similar, from what has been reported the number of rounds needed for saturation has simply been increased.  There has been no change in averages other than small ones indicating saturation is no longer in effect.

That seems to me like all those who had 201+ rounds at TL now have 200 and are building again from there to wherever saturation is and no TL is now saturated.  Otherwise, if wgt had counted rounds played at TL other than those counting towards the old saturation, we should have seen averages jump up.

This would also mean that while the Champion tier has been so stripped that the likes of me have been promoted from it nobody will be joining it for a while either.

Sorry again if this is nonsense, it's based on my interpratation of a few sketchy reports. 

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 1:28 PM

For those who are interessed here the very very relevant wgt's answer 

in french we have an expression : it is useful as pissing in a violin

Support (WGT)

Dec 24, 9:54 AM CST

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your message. Changing tiers is a combination of your scoring average, and the number of ranked rounds you have played in your current tier.

Unfortunately we do not reveal the official requirements needed to change from one tier to the next, however you can find unofficial requirements posted by our users in our forums.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/217060.aspx

Depending on what game modes you play, your average and stats may not change. Your average and stats only change during Single Player ranked matches and Multiplayer Tournaments. Please Note that ranked rounds on "Best of" courses do not count toward your average.

To play a single player ranked round, select the three white lines in the top left of the Main Menu and choose COURSES from the pop-out menu. Choose a course and how many holes you would like to play. When you tee off you will be playing completely by yourself. Keep in mind that not all courses have a full 18 holes to play, some courses only have short challenge games available. To ensure the round is RANKED, directly before tee off make sure that RANKED is highlighted on the left side of the screen.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:47 PM

Hi

patfrenchy:

For those who are interessed here the very very relevant wgt's answer 

in french we have an expression : it is useful as pissing in a violin

I'm not, I already read it in the thread you started on the very same subject HERE

Seems like a good way of raising an average to me, maybe the same's happening with your putter.

In English we have an expression . . . "as useful as a handbrake on a canoe"

Bon Nöel

Rich

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 3:00 PM

whooshdangit:
    In English we have an expression . . . "as useful as a handbrake on a canoe"

:-) although I prefer "as useful as a chocolate teapot".

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 3:33 PM

Hehe that'll work too.

counters with an "ashtray on a motorbike" .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 4:58 AM

I'll swap my teapot for a fireguard.

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 1:05 PM

WGT answer :

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your message. When we originally introduced the Champion tier we made the number of ranked rounds needed to reach Champion tier very low, even lower than the number needed to achieve Tour Legend.

The reason for this was to help Tour Legends enter the Champion tier faster since they already had hundreds of rounds in the Tour Legend tier. This was always meant to only be a temporary number of rounds to change tier.

We have finally changed it so a player needs more ranked rounds to move from Tour Legend to Champion. With this change made it so the number of rounds needed to meet tier saturation to be much higher than previous. This is why some players have noticed that their average has been fluctuating recently.

Next question is : what is the number of rounds needed to meet tier saturation

RSS