Help › Forums

avg score increases again despite more 200 rnds played

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 10 2019 4:02 PM (52 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:23 AM

patfrenchy:
    Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one's true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking.

IF they do it properly:

Any credit wins are more meaningful at TC or open tier, and credit wins in lower tiers ooomph promotion, then it's positive I think.

The badge is still there for perennial badge chasers by simply teeing up off the reds enough times. 

I guess the one downside is for very good players who are just genuine and like playing the full courses, maybe minus a top ball and possibly often in multiplay.  How many will care enough that TC has been delayed?

No perfect solution for sure......... I would like to be excited but WGT have given me little reason to be thus far  ......................In the past they have done stuff that just looked like some 2 bit school project money grab, and most just said that this is nuts and a waste of an opportunity.

This update might actually be action where it is needed in a measured way with real growth possible...Time will tell (quite quickly). 

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 9:02 AM

well ! here was my last try...

i wrote :

1st - i'm french and not fluent in english so sorry if there is some faults.

Thanks for answer but it does not satisfy me.
    In the forum link you gave me, TL to Champion is not mentionned in the table.
    And i think that as a client ( i give some money to wgt last past years) i have to know the rules of the game i play and also it's very strange that you change rules during the game without really warning players.
    The goal of my life is not to reach champion tier but i like to know what are the rules of the game i play.

the answer :

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your message. Changing tiers is a combination of your scoring average, and the number of ranked rounds you have played in your current tier.

Unfortunately we do not reveal the official requirements needed to change from one tier to the next, however you can find unofficial requirements posted by our users in our forums.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/217060.aspx

Depending on what game modes you play, your average and stats may not change. Your average and stats only change during Single Player ranked matches and Multiplayer Tournaments. Please Note that ranked rounds on "Best of" courses do not count toward your average.

Have a great day,

--------------------------------------------------------

i throw the towell

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 9:58 AM

patfrenchy:
    i throw the towell

You just asked too early. Give it a month or so and the answer will come out, just not from WGT. Never has and never will.

Anything anybody here actually knows came from the community figuring it out. Some enterprising TC will come along and declare their average to be saturated as it only goes down and if they were astute enough to note their ranked rounds when they were promoted, the number will be revealed.  :-)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 9:59 AM

YankeeJim:

Robert1893:
    Generally, I like to give WGT the benefit of the doubt. But the recent change they made with saturation and Tour Legend as well as what they did to you just makes me shake my head.

In trying to understand the logic behind it all, it looks to me like they're evening out the tiers. They took a chunk of the Champion tier to populate the TC tier, made it harder for TLs to get to Champion and thinned the Champion tier out in the process. 

Theoretically, the top 3 tiers have been leveled out and the process to advance has increased in difficulty so movement should be slowed down. Why, I have no clue other than to bring new faces to the top of the leaderboards. That's not such a bad thing, though, I suppose.  :-)

I think those items bolded above are the reason WGT did what they did.  And I agree, it is probably best in the long run - but painful for a number of players in the short run.

And yes - what happened to you (and I guess others) earlier was indeed brutal!

• SeveFrost
    1,490 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2018 2:21 AM

I'd reached the saturation point weeks ago. Now it seems it doesn't matter what score is posted, the average just keeps going up and that didn't happen during the original 200 qualifying rounds on TL. By the end of next year I should be back to about an average of 70. I suppose it's one way of stopping more players getting to the Champion Tied but it does seem wrong to change the requirements so drastically

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:43 PM

and without any warning !

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 1:53 PM

patfrenchy:

and without any warning !

In all fairness, if WGT would have announced this change, my guess is there would have been a lot of players seriously banging out the red tees in order to make the cut to avoid the new policies.

Don

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 10:53 PM

Don,

that would have been a nice boast to their revenue in the current year - don't you think they would have embraced it?

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 3:34 AM

Wgt was not obliged to announce that months ago.

But they could have say (not sure with grammar, french here ;-) ),  Hey players, we changed rules, don't be surprise if...... more polite

Happy new year everybody et bonne année

Patrick

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 6:36 AM

patfrenchy:
      Wgt was not obliged to announce that months ago.

But they could have say (not sure with grammar, french here ;-) ),  Hey players, we changed rules, don't be surprise if...... more polite

Happy new year everybody et bonne année

Patrick 

I agree. When they announced the Tour Champion tier, they should have stated and explained the change in the number of rounds for saturation for Tour Legend. 

And, at this point, it seems clear they left saturation for Champion at 200 rounds. But one has to wonder, down the road, will they decide that was also "temporary"? 

RSS