Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • tjos
    231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 10:46 AM

I've been playing since March and am still lucky if I hit the damn ding 1 out of 5 times.

How the heck would I ever be able to intentionally miss the damn ding to either side for a breaking putt is beyond my skill for sure.  if I can't hit the damn ding to begin with (that often) I really envy you guys who can stop it anywhere you want.  I will just have to keep suffering  poor putting.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 4:44 PM

Hi all, i was using the gold putter i bought for 220 creds, around the same time the game changed. I was having a bad time of it, and put it down to the change. Then i read a post about the gold putter, and decided to change back to the beginners 1. First game out with it and i scored 4 birds, 1 eagle, but 2 double bogies. Before this i couldnt get par on a round, never mind a bird. I think some folk should check this out, it could possibly improve your game.

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:53 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

After getting jobbed on at least 9 putts from inside 6 feet at Bethpage today (tournament speed -- all lip-outs) and scoring 7 over in a ready go, I may take your advice and go back to a more forgiving putter.  NEVER have had so much trouble on the greens as of the last three weeks.  Haven't experienced a fun round in at least that long -- almost all having to do with putting and chipping.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll post about how the putter change works out.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 4:31 PM

palupear:
    I'll post about how the putter change works out.

Thanks palupear, hope it works out for you.

• TheHorne
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:26 PM

Great tips thanks for taking the time.

Has anyone worked out the break and how to judge the amount of break by speed of the dots across the green.

Its really doing my head in ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Con

(TheHorne)

• tchikaboom
    2 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:26 PM

hello,

is it possible to pratice only the put ??

ty

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 12:54 AM

All you can do is start up a practice game, get to the green, and then mess about while your there. Deliberately put your ball out to the edge, and have a go.

• tchikaboom
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:24 AM

thank you  two.

I think they should have a putting green to help everybody to improve our put.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:52 AM

BPB 10 and 11 are good holes to practice on. Both have long fairways for practicing iron shots back and forth and both greens are big. You can be on in 2 or 3 and have 7-8 putts before they throw you off.  :-)

• bidmouth
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 5:49 PM

Hello Tater

The 150ft meter runs 15ft per movement for 10 total movements/

RSS