Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • DanielHile
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 11:51 AM

Kudo's for your insights on how to putt better useing your method ..I tried it and went to Am in 2,9 hole rounds . took mondo strokes off my game

cant thank you enough

Dan Hile

• Tnewc99
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 5:41 PM

Thanks for the tip, but it would be nice to have a practice green on WGT

• Eiscoolman
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:46 AM

nice tutorial.. is there enywere from switzerland ?

:)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:15 PM

This would have to the best tip on WGT I've seen...Thank you very much.... I've known about this a quite awhile and have just started to use it a couple of weeks ago, and the change in my putting ave per hole has dropped quite alot.... Thks again

• jcoggs
    21 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 2:37 PM

Hi

I have marked a piece of paper with 15 lines 1/4 inch apart.I tape paper to screen and adjust screen res and and picture size so that swing meter is same size as 15 marks on paper. Now each mark equals 1ft on 15ft meter 2ft on 30ft meter and so on for subsequent meters can also be used on other clubs by dividing their distance by 15. When putting i find each  slope inch is also equal to about 1ft in distance. So if its 1in down i take 1ft off putt and so on.  Practice makes perfrct.

Good Luck Jim.

• kanderson3454
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 5:49 PM

Thanks for the tips.:) I have a really hard time with my putting.:) yeahba! practice makes perfect, indeed.:)

• frederik72
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:56 AM

great help thnx  hope i can put now bit better

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:28 PM

Any tips on AIM rather than distance or is it a case of just putting the work in?

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:37 AM

I've seen you've been asking the same in several threads.... Ok, i will tell you the secret:

1. Aim.

2. Putt.

Now comes the tough part.

3. If you miss, next time you have that same putt, remember where you aimed and how hard you hit it and try something different. If you sink it, next time you have that same putt, remember where you aimed and how hard you hit it and do exactly the same. Easy uh?

P.S. If green slopes left to right, you have to aim LEFT of the hole and if it slopes right to left, you have to aim RIGHT of the hole. :P

Just kidding.... Have fun!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 5:26 AM

PeterHopper:

Any tips on AIM rather than distance or is it a case of just putting the work in?

It's pretty much putting the work in. Taking notes might help...

RSS