Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • GlennRA
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:08 PM

i move the target a little to the breaking side and hit it extra hard and hit the bar either earlier or later to the breaking side .... then close my eyes and wait to hear it drop ...

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:12 PM

Been playing for awhile and have done well enough at the tee to green, but putting comes and goes.  Just played in a rg, and had a 15 foot downhill putt from the fringe, and not once, but twice, it went about 2 inches when I hit it!  Have never seen that once  before.. nevermind twice!  We all know that happens with the chipping and pitching (which is why I always hit 'full' shots with spin around the greens), but I'd never seen a putt from the fringe go inches.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:26 PM

CMc,

It seems like any putt from fringe requires an additional 3' of power just to get it to green. imo

• SHADOW815
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 12:07 AM

I am very new here ( level 15) and this has helped me a lot. but for the life of me I cannot figure the break. is there a rule of thumb that could help?

Thanks

Steve

• Ibanezz321
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 12:37 AM

Amazing. Simply amazing! helped me on my first round and will be in my notebook for sure!! Thanks for the tips! best tips i've heard in a while!

• Michaelester
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 7:00 AM

I'm really looking for these tips and now I'm very happy because I found it. These tips are very helpful for my gaming. I'm really addicted to this game. Thanks a lot! I'll regularly visit forums in this site for more tips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil Butt Lift DVD|ChaLEAN Extreme DVD|Turbo Jam DVD

• mrj050
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 12:02 PM

100ft is 8 pull backs or to be precise 7, and the last one is half making 7 1/2. on fast greens each pull back is 14ft, on very fast 16ft, and on tournament 18ft, hope this helps.

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:41 PM

Bear J, on shorty breakers I ALWAYS, hit early or late, in the direction the green is sloping FROM. ie. if a putt is to break left....miss the dinger mark right, how much depends on severity of the break (that comes with experience). NEVER miss the mark on the side the break is moving to...won't go in in a million years. Using the aim arrow is for gross alignment, but I've found that the timing, (l/r) of ding mark, is crucial for the fine tuning of a putt. This works for long putts also. Hope this helps Good Golfing Friend Good golf! C

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:49 AM

great advice ,helped me around the greens enormously thanks.

• Ertl54
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 4:03 PM

Great tip,now lets see if  I can  putt it in practice!

RSS