Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • rave1stthe1st
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:02 PM

why is it that we have to putt this way? it is alot easier to putt by just using your mouse for control instead of trying to judge by distance by watching the power meter and club distance(from the ball) to judge how far the ball will travel when putting. Can't you guys fix this? I have found that it's nearly impossible to judge the speed or the direct course of the ball using the current putting measures. Also why is it that I have to time my putter swing to eaxactly line with the end of the swing to hit the damn thing straight?!

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:50 PM

Because thats the way it is and 100 000`s of players manage no hang on we will get them to change it for you. As for timing your swing this will determine distance only its the greens slop[e that stops you putting straight lmao are you for real.

CSC

• rave1stthe1st
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:09 PM

Hey, CSC, are you for real?!!!! I didn't write to be abused just to ask if the game could be changed.

• weedgee
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 10:13 PM

You little beauty,thanks heaps now i can beat my mate

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:51 AM

Excellent Tips there,thanks for that.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:14 AM

rave1stthe1st:
    I didn't write to be abused just to ask if the game could be changed.

asking for the game to be changed  just so you can putt  is reason to get ridiculed,    the rest of us manage to do it fairly well the way it is,   putt 1000 times and  figure it out like the rest of us!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:23 PM

Wow all the rounds I'd played and did not notice that! It doesn't work as well when the scale is 150 for the fast putts---but gets you pretty close! thanks!!  :-)

• banjo11
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 2:47 PM

great tips mate will still need plenty of practice though lol.

• Sacrament
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:15 PM

These are great tips for sure, but for beginners/starters lets remind you that this a game developed for payin players i.e. makin money, so you'll never be able to move on to high

skilled levels if you don't plan to spend money on it. So all those tips are good and works in practice and  stroke playin, but once you'll hit a tournament you will soon realize that your putter meter is very unpredictable and uncontrollable. Distances varies from one hole to another, and so does the green's speed even though it tells u otherwise. So in tournament mode you will, after a few hits and miss, be able to master your clubs but your putter will always keep you away from competing with the payin members.

• rustan
    66 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 12:09 AM

I have a putting theory, the first putt will always miss, not due to anything except the meter.

First putt will miss the mark just enough to miss the hole and the second will ring the bell and go in. I still have the free putter,have tried the better ones will little success but plenty find them good.

Should the first putt actually go in,its a glitch in the system.

RSS