Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • AntonioUranga
    18 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 8:48 AM

what happend with the images of the guide??

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2010 12:04 PM

They are back now.  I moved the images to a more reliable location.

• wizeee
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:28 AM

Thanks alot!!!!!  really helps

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 10:01 AM

Ok for all you struggling with putting I'm there with you. It's frustrating!! Though i have taken these tips and others and am "making" and getting in two putt range on many of my putts 25' and over.(okay still having problem with the swing meter sometimes :-)-- I'm beginning to make some of the 10-22 ft putts i was missing so there is hope!  I had 37 total putts on 18 holes at Oakmount---okay not super for you experts---but I'm thrilled!!!  Thanks

• molineux
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:45 PM

Dear Sir, I need your help please. I have just bought a spider putter. Can you tell me the feet ratio's to 25/50/100/150 and 300 ft please. What length is each movement of the putter. I await your reply in anticipation. Molineux

• 29harvick
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:54 PM

thanks for your time to put that together. i just started playing the game and putting was killing me. believe ill be ok now..again thanks.

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:38 PM

"Dear Sir, I need your help please. I have just bought a spider putter. Can you tell me the feet ratio's to 25/50/100/150 and 300 ft please. What length is each movement of the putter. I await your reply in anticipation. Molineux"

It's easy enough to work out for yourself - as you take the putter back, every now and again it moves. Take it back fully and count the number of moves it takes to get to the max, then divide the max footage by the number of moves to get there. You have to watch Green Speed though, as on faster greens the ball obviously rolls further. On my putter, from fast to very fast greens it goes one half further.

• pepper8101
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:35 PM

NOLEgolfer:

i would like to know why the player is off to the left when trying to putt.  this reallty throws my aim off since i dont have a true view of where my putt is going.  is anyone else having this problem?

Yes I agree with you. I have adjusted to the angle of the player. 

• Sirch70
    11 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:09 PM

Wow niviac, this is EXACTLY what i've been looking for. As a beginner here the putting distances have been driving crazy. I will go right now and try to set up my new putter. I'm still confused with being able to move that blue box all around. Do you have any tips on how to set the balls path for the breaks? Thanks again for your generous help.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:38 AM

Have reduced my putt avg to 2.0 and am thrilled. Thanks to all who post tips, and yes I still get frustrated when I miss putts because I misjudged the speed of the meter. I wish the speed was constant--it would be easier to adjust reaction times on clicking the mouse.  Anyway, thanks

RSS