Help › Forums

Lip outs:

Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:59 PM (61 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 3:25 PM

WGTChampion:

GaryBarc:

I really do believe that lip outs are just WGT's way of creating more ball strikes hence more ball sales. It adds up with the number of players WGT has.

But putts don't count as strikes on your ball

_CHAMPION 

But if you can't drop the birds and eagles because of lips out's you'll try another round, and another and another...

...and that's ...ok

(and another) 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:24 PM

JFidanza:

WGTChampion:

GaryBarc:

I really do believe that lip outs are just WGT's way of creating more ball strikes hence more ball sales. It adds up with the number of players WGT has.

But putts don't count as strikes on your ball

_CHAMPION 

But if you can't drop the birds and eagles because of lips out's you'll try another round, and another and another...

...and that's ...ok

(and another) 

You do you

_CHAMPION 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:40 PM

Imo, I believe, that it's just wgts way of keeping avgs higher.  They already have more tour champions than what they anticipated.  They raised the number of saturation rounds for the upper tiers, to give them more time,to come up with another tier, ( sooner or later they will have to ) and they aren't wanting to have to worry about it.  Don't know if you remember that we were told something about a Hall of Fame, and it was said more about that ,in the next year, we'll that came and went, and not a word about it. 

Ball sales are probably figured in, with them raising the tier saturation rounds, but all in all, they don't have either the man power, or the time, to worry about everything else, except on how to get the pc players converted over from flash. They aren't trying to fix any of the glitches still in the mobile side.  Anyway, my nickle. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:49 PM

WGTChampion:

Heh, interesting take if I do say so. I doubt it has weight but it's a valid thought, I suppose. Myself, I cotton to a different theory-the lipouts replicate the real thing and it's alarmingly consistent.

I give you this as further reinforcement of what I say and I must preface this by saying it's coming from a complete layperson (IT type) point of view but one borne of watching the real thing and playing here. 

Tiger Woods played in this past Farmers Open and I followed his first 3 rounds, thanks to PGA LIVE, and in his first round he burned edges on 4 putts on the front 9 of the first round. He shoulda been 7 under at the end of the day.

Other golfers were doing the same and I saw an unusual number of putts stop right on the edge. You know, the kind you hope for a gust of wind on. LOL At any rate, in the 3 days I watched I'll say easily, easily, I saw 20-30 of those types of putts. They were all doing it.

Fast forward to Monday following. Doesn't it figure-give ya 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. Lip Central. LOL I saw more of my putts stop right on the edge than I have seen since I started. No exaggeration. IDK if WGT has the capability to alter global effects but I swear I believe they do and somebody watching the real thing is cluing whoever CAN do it and we see what we see.

Howzat fer some far out thinking?  ;-)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 5:02 PM

Regardless as to either thinking being valid or not, it still equates to wgt programmers not having to worry about other things, and they are still in business to make money, so they win, and we lose.  The number of rounds has nothing to do with what tiger or Rory does or doesnt do, thats all ball sales.  Pay attention to the irons and other clubs that come out on this game, ( for the higher level players)  better stats, except for meter speed, it's faster, that's so we buy the newer expensive slower meter higher priced balls.  ( more ball sales again) 

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 5:37 PM

YankeeJim:

WGTChampion:

Heh, interesting take if I do say so. I doubt it has weight but it's a valid thought, I suppose. Myself, I cotton to a different theory-the lipouts replicate the real thing and it's alarmingly consistent.

I give you this as further reinforcement of what I say and I must preface this by saying it's coming from a complete layperson (IT type) point of view but one borne of watching the real thing and playing here. 

Tiger Woods played in this past Farmers Open and I followed his first 3 rounds, thanks to PGA LIVE, and in his first round he burned edges on 4 putts on the front 9 of the first round. He shoulda been 7 under at the end of the day.

Other golfers were doing the same and I saw an unusual number of putts stop right on the edge. You know, the kind you hope for a gust of wind on. LOL At any rate, in the 3 days I watched I'll say easily, easily, I saw 20-30 of those types of putts. They were all doing it.

Fast forward to Monday following. Doesn't it figure-give ya 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. Lip Central. LOL I saw more of my putts stop right on the edge than I have seen since I started. No exaggeration. IDK if WGT has the capability to alter global effects but I swear I believe they do and somebody watching the real thing is cluing whoever CAN do it and we see what we see.

Whoa...I think I read this in Denver, CO...

puff puff pass

:-)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 5:47 PM

Lip outs in this game have  been happening long before the tourney this last week end.  So I don't feel that certain people's thinking is really a valid factor, except to just defend the doings of wgt. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 6:22 PM

YankeeJim:

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 7:24 AM

pmm711:

Whoa...I think I read this in Denver, CO...

puff puff pass

:-)

LOL, a new take on tin foil nonsense,  I say, like making lipouts happen to increase ball sales. Or speeding up clubs to force slow meter ball sales. Imagine how that looks in a business plan.  :-D

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:15 AM

Lip outs... I wish. How about the floating ball -

RSS