Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:47 PM
    pmm711:

ujjbnjk:
    all i want is a fair tournament thats it.

I see some damn GREAT pairings in this tourney.  I think you're selling a lot of them short by your statements...as if Simon and Sin couldn't be beat by many of them...including you and Finny.  It's Alt-Shot for God's sake...anything can happen. 

If it were Lonnie and I scheduled to play them in Round 2 I know we'd allow the substitution and then go out and give it OUR BEST SHOT.  We'd probably lose 5&4...but we'd sure as hell go down swinging.  That's for damn sure.  I'd rather lose honorably than advance via default.  Evidently we're cut from a different cloth.  And I'm merely a red tee champ (something my dying brother asked me to do while he battled AML...Sadly I didn't make it in time) who whacks the free rocks.

If Sin comes in I still don't think he and Birchi win the thing.  But if they did happen to do so, I think the issue is actually that you'd hate sending any prize to them.  Seems like the only logical reason I can come up with at this point.  Since it's obvious you're denying your a woos...or a sportsman.

pointless to even have a chat with you man cause whatever i say you twist my words and trying your best to make me look bad... i got zero prob with either sin or brichi spent hours n hours in sins stream watching him play n chat. and there is a big diff between starting the tounrament with a strong line up then starting it with one elite player ( brichi) and one avg player (V) and then sub the avg player with another elite player (sin) thats my main point. i tryed to be nice and help out with some credits to have something more to play for then honor..i should have known it would back fire on me... cant feed the forum trolls to much:) my last post here up to the creater of the tournament what he wanna do with it im fine with whatever player brichi choose to sub:)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 1:02 PM

Hope Topper sticks to his rules. 

Poor lad has had sh1t to deal with from the off, doesn`t need anymore.

Alas i feel he will though.

Only a game, aim, click, click, watch....repeat.

EDIT. Please be calm for my friends sake.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 1:37 PM

If a ruling went either way someone wouldn't like it.  Therefore, I think the only viable option is to stick to the rule instilled after this happened originally.  i.e. No substitutions.

Obvi up to Top, but that's just my 0.02 -- after reading all the nonsense.  

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 1:39 PM

+ 100 for both bubbsboy and kavvz.  

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 3:07 PM

ujjbnjk:
    pmm711:

ujjbnjk:
    all i want is a fair tournament thats it.

I see some damn GREAT pairings in this tourney.  I think you're selling a lot of them short by your statements...as if Simon and Sin couldn't be beat by many of them...including you and Finny.  It's Alt-Shot for God's sake...anything can happen. 

If it were Lonnie and I scheduled to play them in Round 2 I know we'd allow the substitution and then go out and give it OUR BEST SHOT.  We'd probably lose 5&4...but we'd sure as hell go down swinging.  That's for damn sure.  I'd rather lose honorably than advance via default.  Evidently we're cut from a different cloth.  And I'm merely a red tee champ (something my dying brother asked me to do while he battled AML...Sadly I didn't make it in time) who whacks the free rocks.

If Sin comes in I still don't think he and Birchi win the thing.  But if they did happen to do so, I think the issue is actually that you'd hate sending any prize to them.  Seems like the only logical reason I can come up with at this point.  Since it's obvious you're denying your a woos...or a sportsman.

pointless to even have a chat with you man cause whatever i say you twist my words and trying your best to make me look bad... i got zero prob with either sin or brichi spent hours n hours in sins stream watching him play n chat. and there is a big diff between starting the tounrament with a strong line up then starting it with one elite player ( brichi) and one avg player (V) and then sub the avg player with another elite player (sin) thats my main point. i tryed to be nice and help out with some credits to have something more to play for then honor..i should have known it would back fire on me... cant feed the forum trolls to much:) my last post here up to the creater of the tournament what he wanna do with it im fine with whatever player brichi choose to sub:)

Sin,

You gonna take this, Pete said you are slow. Don't know what he's on about as It's alien to me ;) :)

Ken

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 3:37 PM

lol ken 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 3:43 PM

birchi:
    I told Peter a few days ago that I will forfeit the match if V does not return.

There's still the loser's bracket. If he comes back in time you're still in it.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 4:52 PM

YankeeJim:
    There's still the loser's bracket. If he comes back in time you're still in it.

You guys act as if it's V's decision to come back.  So now Simon is out of the Loser's Bracket too?  You guys are great at "deflection".   NOTE:  The fork'in guy is "suspended"/"banned".  This IS NOT A CASE where the guy is merely not responding to scheduling emails etc. 

The ruling of "no substitutions" is a poor argument when we're dealing with a suspended/banned alt-shot partner.  Hey the game has "ghost flags"...maybe Simon can play with his frigg'in ghost.  This is as bad as a local, small town traffic "comedy" court at this point.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 5:06 PM

pmm711:
    You guys act as if it's V's decision to come back.  So now Simon is out of the Loser's Bracket too?  You guys are great at "deflection".   NOTE:  The fork'in guy is "suspended"/"banned".  This IS NOT A CASE where the guy is merely not responding to scheduling emails etc. 

How about you let it go and it plays out like it plays out? You're making a damned mountain out of a molehill and it's serving nobody any good. And it doesn't even affect you!!

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 7:00 PM

Two week's ago, this thread lit up like a Christmas tree due to 1 player filling in or subbing for another Team that couldn't field both players making the Match, and when that happened a lot of harsh things were said to probably one of the most generous friends of mine in this game to date! We corrected that action by setting a rule that there will be no subbing or filling in with the absence of one of the existing players could not perform!

There has been a number of Teams thus far that has had the same issue where their partner went awol, the circumstance now with this situation has brought 3 more pages of harsh and regrettable comments to what was suppose to be fun and bridge the gap of the finale of The World Cup. 

Out of no dis-respect to Simon at all, as well as no other player in this Tournament, I cannot with good conscience allow an exception to what we have had to deal with already, so with that being said, I will not be allowing Sin to sub in for Vab. 

We still have 7 days til the expiration of this round, and then we will be starting round #3!

Thanks,

RSS