Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 4:58 PM

YankeeJim:
    Yes, all 4 players play the same WGT weekly single play (NOT the Nation one) and post scores here. Lowest combined score moves on. WGT leaderboard will resolve ties.

Can you confirm the above, Topper? Thanks...[

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 5:18 PM
    Confirmed, was Jim’s idea for an Alternate Event, in emergency situations
  • Gepetto1958
    4,229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 8:18 AM
    skccvb:

So, if we cannot find matching times to play by deadline, with each team having a player with timing challenges, is there an alternative?

Thanks...

week end Edit: sorry I didnt read well, partner traveling
  • pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 8:36 AM

bubbsboy:

pmm711:
    RANGER1988:

Please no subbing or filling in, if an original player can't play, then the Match is forfeited by the Team not able to have both players there.

Thanks,

Topper

What if a guy was suspended by WGT after the pairing was announced, was expected to be reinstated, but that hasn’t occurred yet and might not ever occur? As the playing partner had no idea this was going to happen, couldn’t he seek another player to partner with so as to still be able to enjoy the tournament?

Dont expect whoever it is to hear anything back from them......

YankeeJim,

There's an extenuating circumstance that requires the attention of you and the other decision makers...here's the player and bracket pairing with the issue...

Simon's partner, Vaibhav5viv, was "active" when the pairings were sent in, but is now under WGT "suspension" and we have no clue whether that suspension will ever be lifted.  Obviously, this is an extenuating circumstance concerning a "player's availability" and hopefully a substitution will be allowed as Simon would like to participate in this tourney.

Simon asked within our club if anyone was interested, and available, to participate should you allow this substitution request.  One of our Wooden Tee members, sinisavrc1, said he'd be happy to take V's spot.

I'm sure Finny and ujj would enjoy the competition vs. merely advancing by default.  You're also in this bracket, along with Douggongles, and surely you two would like to see your potential opponents advance via competitive play too, right?

So, can Sin replace V?  Simon was given a Round 1 bye anyway, so it's not like he's changing a partner after one had already participated.  Again, we wouldn't even be asking if it wasn't due to the extenuating circumstance.

Thanks for reviewing this,

Paul

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 8:53 AM

pmm711:

Simon asked within our club if anyone was interested, and available, to participate should you allow this substitution request.  One of our Wooden Tee members, sinisavrc1, said he'd be happy to take V's spot.

I'm sure Finny and ujj would enjoy the competition vs. merely advancing by default. 

Thanks for your efforts, Paul, but I already talked to our opponents and they are not okay with Sin subbing in anyway. Thus I'll have to forfeit the tournament if V's suspension is not lifted in time.

• pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:07 AM

birchi:
    but I already talked to our opponents and they are not okay with Sin subbing in anyway

WOW...you've got to be joking...rather shocked at that one.  I'd like to think the "Alt-Shot Decision Board" would trump them as they're merely a team in the tourney like the rest of us.  You haven't even hit a ball yet in this tourney as you received a Round 1 bye.  Sounds a wee bit yellow of them to me....how "sporting"...SHEESH.  I'm shaking my head as that's totally f'd up.  REALLY???  Totally unheard of in the world of golf. 

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:22 AM

pmm711:

birchi:
    but I already talked to our opponents and they are not okay with Sin subbing in anyway

WOW...rather shocked at that one.  I'd like to think the "Alt-Shot Decision Board" would trump them as they're merely a team in the tourney like the rest of us.  You haven't even hit a ball yet in this tourney as you received a Round 1 bye.  Sounds a wee bit yellow of them, eh?

hold on a minute girlies

whats with this little double act?

looking at my messages funny i dont see anything about bringing in a sub simon must have missed that one,

from what i did see you wasnt that much interested anyway,

as to being yellow whatever man

paul my friend get the facts from both sides before you start ranting ok buddy and stop the head shaking you might hurt yourself

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:31 AM

Its 0nly an alt-sh0t t0urney. N0 big prize t0 win. Why n0t just let them play and have fun?

• pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:32 AM

PAULFINN52:
    paul my friend get the facts from both sides before you start ranting ok buddy and stop the head shaking you might hurt yourself

Well I'm happy to see there was merely a misunderstanding and I apologize for the rant.  Then surely you'll assist YJ, Topper, and the rest in approving this substitution and let the chips fall where they may.  I'm sure you can see why I was shaking my head because none of it made any sense to me.  Looks like game on...best of luck to both teams.

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:35 AM
    pmm711:

birchi:

WOW...you've got to be joking...rather shocked at that one.  I'd like to think the "Alt-Shot Decision Board" would trump them as they're merely a team in the tourney like the rest of us.  You haven't even hit a ball yet in this tourney as you received a Round 1 bye.  Sounds a wee bit yellow of them to me....how "sporting"...SHEESH.  I'm shaking my head as that's totally f'd up.  REALLY???  Totally unheard of in the world of golf. 

well first off no reason to start drama in the forums...2nd off we told brichi we are more then happy to let him sub V as long as he is on the same playing level as V and compare V to sin is a joke...sin is light years better and have won every major tournament there is to win..that would be like i sub paulfinn(no dis respect paul you killed it first round:) ) for fmags you think thats fair to anyone playing in this tournament? i dont. the creater of this tournament has also said the same thing if he is gonna allow subs they need to be on the same playing level or worse...other wise pepole will start taking advantage of this...there is a pretty good prize pool in it....but as we sits now subs are not even allowed so why even waste time on this:)
RSS