The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:57 AM

ujjbnjk:
    pmm711:

birchi:
    but I already talked to our opponents and they are not okay with Sin subbing in anyway

WOW...you've got to be joking...rather shocked at that one.  I'd like to think the "Alt-Shot Decision Board" would trump them as they're merely a team in the tourney like the rest of us.  You haven't even hit a ball yet in this tourney as you received a Round 1 bye.  Sounds a wee bit yellow of them to me....how "sporting"...SHEESH.  I'm shaking my head as that's totally f'd up.  REALLY???  Totally unheard of in the world of golf. 

well first off no reason to start drama in the forums...2nd off we told brichi we are more then happy to let him sub V as long as he is on the same playing level as V and compare V to sin is a joke...sin is light years better and have won every major tournament there is to win..that would be like i sub paulfinn(no dis respect paul you killed it first round:) ) for fmags you think thats fair to anyone playing in this tournament? i dont. the creater of this tournament has also said the same thing if he is gonna allow subs they need to be on the same playing level or worse...other wise pepole will start taking advantage of this...there is a pretty good prize pool in it....but as we sits now subs are not even allowed so why even waste time on this:)

what i want to ask is why didnt sin sign up at the start 

and thx pete i know what you mean lol

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 10:42 AM

PAULFINN52:

whats with this little double act?

looking at my messages funny i dont see anything about bringing in a sub simon must have missed that one,

from what i did see you wasnt that much interested anyway,

Didn't mean to start a whole thing here.

I was talking to Peter and he said he wasn't okay with me subbing in Sin which I'm fine with. If you guys want the win by default, so be it, no hard feelings. I hope everyone has fun in this tournament going forward. 

Just as a side note: To compare Finny->mags to V->Sin is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while on this site :)

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 10:55 AM

birchi:
    Just as a side note: To compare Finny->mags to V->Sin is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while on this site :)

LOL! so please tell me simon why V sandbagged the shet out of legend tier? cause he knew he could not stand a chance against the better players in champ tier. in my book V and paul is on the same level...and sin-fmags are both elite players that can beat anyone in this game.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 11:34 AM

ujjbnjk:
    well first off no reason to start drama in the forums

DRAMA?  I'm merely pointing out something that appears to be a no-brainer, common sense situation.  Now I know what I said is true...you ARE a woos.  Just merely calling a spade a spade now. 

ujjbnjk:
    ...other wise pepole will start taking advantage of this

V is probably the ONLY ONE who falls under this "extenuating circumstances" term as far as asking for a sub for this tourney.  So NOBODY ELSE can "take advantage" of this.  How is subbing for a "suspended player" taking advantage?  You're truly deplorable for a player of your calibre...absolutely deplorable.

ujjbnjk:
    there is a pretty good prize pool in it....but as we sits now subs are not even allowed so why even waste time on this:)

WOW...you're really showing your "true color" now...just own up to it at this point.    You're also considered one of the best in the game and you're backing down to a challenge...over a few f-ing credits...and for what is basically "fun"???  Your "LAUGHABLE"...BEYOND LAUGHABLE.  You''ve furthered yourself from "yellow".  What a woos.  Take your little white ball and move on to Round 3.  LAUGHABLE...WOW  You need to start carrying around a set like your partner...we all know he has a pair.

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 11:54 AM
    pmm711:
    V is probably the ONLY ONE who falls under this "extenuating circumstances" term as far as asking for a sub for this tourney.  So NOBODY ELSE can "take advantage" of this.  How is subbing for a "suspended player" taking advantage?  You're truly deplorable for a player of your calibre...absolutely deplorable.
    yikes you gotta have a fun life man:) so the ONLY player in this game brichi can find to sub is one of the best players in the game? lol i DONT make the foking rules not me thats says subs are not allowed thats the creater of this tournament ffs.
    pmm711:
    WOW...you're really showing your "true color" now...just own up to it at this point.    You're also considered one of the best in the game and you're backing down to a challenge...over a few f-ing credits...and for what is basically "fun"???  Your "LAUGHABLE"...BEYOND LAUGHABLE.  You''ve furthered yourself from "yellow".  What a woos.  Take your little white ball and move on to Round 3.  LAUGHABLE...WOW
    lol really? should check up your facts before attcking me with BS im the one sponsor this tournament with 30.000 credits....i wasnt even suopposed to play it until paulfinn asked me to join him. i dont give a RAT ass if i win this or not i got plenty of credits that i always share with players in this game like this tounrament. and trust me i dont fear a single player in this game...all i want is a fair tournament thats it.
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:24 PM

ujjbnjk:
    so the ONLY player in this game brichi can find to sub is one of the best players in the game?

I obviously asked in our CC forum, Sin was the one who answered. Guess it's tough to find anyone in our CC who isn't among the best players in the game. 

But as I said here and in our private messages: I don't mind with you winning by default, no need for this drama. 

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:29 PM

ujjbnjk:
    all i want is a fair tournament thats it.

I see some damn GREAT pairings in this tourney.  I think you're selling a lot of them short by your statements...as if Simon and Sin couldn't be beat by many of them...including you and Finny.  It's Alt-Shot for God's sake...anything can happen. 

If it were Lonnie and I scheduled to play them in Round 2 I know we'd allow the substitution and then go out and give it OUR BEST SHOT.  We'd probably lose 5&4...but we'd sure as hell go down swinging.  That's for damn sure.  I'd rather lose honorably than advance via default.  Evidently we're cut from a different cloth.  And I'm merely a red tee champ (something my dying brother asked me to do while he battled AML...Sadly I didn't make it in time) who whacks the free rocks.

If Sin comes in I still don't think he and Birchi win the thing.  But if they did happen to do so, I think the issue is actually that you'd hate sending any prize to them.  Seems like the only logical reason I can come up with at this point.  Since it's obvious you're denying your a woos...or a sportsman.

birchi:
    I don't mind with you winning by default, no need for this drama. 

You're a better man than me Simon.  For you to have to go down without swinging a club is downright sorry IMO.  I know Finny would allow the substitution.  Unfortunately his partner probably never suited up in any form of RL competitive sports in his life and therefore doesn't thrive on competition. F him.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:30 PM

pmm711:
    I'm merely pointing out something that appears to be a no-brainer, common sense situation.

I wouldn't have a problem with a Legend subbing for a Legend in this case. We all know V's antics and to replace him with another Legend borders on poetic justice, of sorts.

However, I am only 1 of 3 and this is best decided behind the scenes instead of creating chaos and ill will here in this thread.

I think you're getting carried away, Paul, and need to step back and let Ranger's decision stand when he makes it. You've made your point as has the other team, now it's time to let Ranger call it.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:44 PM

YankeeJim:

I think you're getting carried away, Paul, and need to step back and let Ranger's decision stand when he makes it. You've made your point as has the other team, now it's time to let Ranger call it.

Everyone has made their point. I told Peter a few days ago that I will forfeit the match if V does not return. If they don't feel comfortable playing against a different team than originally advertised that's fair and I'm not gonna force them to by trying to sway the organizers. 

I hope V's ban gets lifted, otherwise I hope Peter and Finny have fun in the further rounds of the tournament.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2018 12:47 PM

YankeeJim:

I agree...sorry for the tirade YJ.  It's not like Simon asked me to say anything.  I just have a competitive nature and I do believe V was more of a "Champion" than a "Legend"...hence his situation. :-)

It's not like there was anything wrong with 2 Champs competing as a team together.  Had Sin initially thought he had the time to play I'm sure you would have seen the pairing from the getgo.  Now we're at this point.

Again, no harm/drama meant...I'm just a passionate kind of guy.  Please accept the apology for my ranting...although I do see truth in some of it. :-)

RSS