Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 2:15 PM

RANGER1988:
    So I've spent the last 45 minutes researching the 4 players history, over the last couple of weeks

Isn't this a place where you come to play golf? LOL

Got yerself into some work there, Topper. Doing good.   ;-)

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 3:20 PM

Nice game in a friendly atmosphere, Bonzo stepped in for Tnb2017 to get the game on

14 Oct

mbcarp99 and LuisCraveiro defeated gogolfgo0 and BONZO1951 in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on CHAMBERS BAY.
  • doccowart
    847 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 5:19 PM

In match #64 akatiger74 and mikegooner0 forfeited to doccowart and phoenixlord One day there was a mix up involving EST vs EDT and the 2nd time one player had trouble logging on so Mike was upset and said he was done. I offered to let them set another date but no response.

Richard

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 6:42 PM

mbcarp99:

Nice game in a friendly atmosphere, Bonzo stepped in for Tnb2017 to get the game on

14 Oct

mbcarp99 and LuisCraveiro defeated gogolfgo0 and BONZO1951 in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on CHAMBERS BAY.

If Tnb2017 was not able to play, then mbcarp99 and LuisCraveiro would win by default, there is no fill ins or subbing allowed, this is the issue we had last weekend with players subbing in.

Please no subbing or filling in, if an original player can't play, then the Match is forfeited by the Team not able to have both players there.

Thanks,

Topper

• pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 5:50 AM
    RANGER1988:

Please no subbing or filling in, if an original player can't play, then the Match is forfeited by the Team not able to have both players there.

Thanks,

Topper

What if a guy was suspended by WGT after the pairing was announced, was expected to be reinstated, but that hasn’t occurred yet and might not ever occur? As the playing partner had no idea this was going to happen, couldn’t he seek another player to partner with so as to still be able to enjoy the tournament?
  • mikee672
    250 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 10:02 AM

MIKEE672 and MSULAMAN defeated TOPAZ53 and GIRALDI.   Great game on back 9 of chambers bay!!!!  

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:19 PM

Question re: Round 2 (winners bracket)-

My partner cannot easily play the hours the other team requires (9 am to 4 pm EDT) as he is working, He will be travelling this weekend, so that's out. 

Other team has a player who works nights, so cannot play evenings. 

So, if we cannot find matching times to play by deadline, with each team having a player with timing challenges, is there an alternative?

Thanks...

• wleiss
    6,292 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:32 PM

Round 2:  Noshots/wleiss forfeit to YankeeJim/Douggongles.    I have talked my partner (Noshots) into playing the 3rd round in the losers bracket, if this is OK. If not, please let me know. 

Will  (wleiss)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:34 PM

pmm711:
    RANGER1988:

Thanks,

Topper

What if a guy was suspended by WGT after the pairing was announced, was expected to be reinstated, but that hasn’t occurred yet and might not ever occur? As the playing partner had no idea this was going to happen, couldn’t he seek another player to partner with so as to still be able to enjoy the tournament?

Dont expect whoever it is to hear anything back from them......

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2018 2:59 PM

skccvb:
    So, if we cannot find matching times to play by deadline, with each team having a player with timing challenges, is there an alternative?

Yes, all 4 players play the same WGT weekly single play (NOT the Nation one) and post scores here. Lowest combined score moves on. WGT leaderboard will resolve ties.

RSS