Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:21 AM

For the second round, Keith/Yiannis won on the third extra hole against Walk0flife/Spazzstick.

A quite nice game, thank you.

• RANGER1988
    1,061 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:33 AM

AlaskanDame:
    RANGER1988:

AlaskanDame:

Hi, Topper - 

Is round 1 of losers bracket playing same course as round 2 of winners bracket?  If so, could you write it that way in post 1 of this thread, please?  

I want to give my guys the right directions. . . 

Thanks!

AKD

Updated 1st post on page #1!

Thanks

So, let me get this straight, the round 1 losers play Royal St. George again, like they did in round 1 of winners' bracket?

"If you lose a Match in the Upper Bracket, when you get placed in the Lower Bracket, you will be playing the same courses in each round as you did in the Upper Bracket!"

Correct

• gibb1971
    102 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 3:55 AM

AlaskanDame:

Not sure either team should advance in the match involving my DENTONRED/19thHoleFirst.  After the message below from DENTONRED, I told him he and his partner need to play week 41 9- hole single-play today.  But he played the monthly instead.  19th hasn't responded to my similar note,  and I don't see that the other team has played the alternate round yet either.  Are you extending the deadline from tonight at all? 

on 11 Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM

We have tried and tried [ to get in the ALT round] to no avail AKD, I'll play and post as directed.  Chris

you have not tried to get this round in at all mate deepstuff and myself have gone out of our way to get this round done but your blokes never answer there messages and if they do its like 4-5 days later they dont show up on the days we picked to play so to say you tried is a load of crap and i have all the correspondenc to prove it regards gibb1971

• massimoneg
    2,572 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 6:39 AM

R2  --- We won 2 UP

13 Oct
    massimoneg and poldimaier defeatedputterdog and DD12BA in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on CHAMBERS BAY.
  • bluey403
    1,529 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:13 PM

Round 2 match

bluey403 & tseeqhim   v  twofallssteve & lookoutbunker

Really enjoyable game and not a lit match in it. Came down to a couple of lucky putts. Very little problem organizing, thanx Steve.

Pete & Cort  win 1up on the last.

• kelsp
    2,202 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 1:47 AM

AlaskanDame:

Not sure either team should advance in the match involving my DENTONRED/19thHoleFirst.  After the message below from DENTONRED, I told him he and his partner need to play week 41 9- hole single-play today.  But he played the monthly instead.  19th hasn't responded to my similar note,  and I don't see that the other team has played the alternate round yet either.  Are you extending the deadline from tonight at all? 

on 11 Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM

We have tried and tried [ to get in the ALT round] to no avail AKD, I'll play and post as directed.  Chris

What is going on here Ms. AlaskanDame? Mr. Chris did not know when his Partner was availble anyway. Someone from either team is being modest with the truth.

1. There is communications aplenty that has been shared with multiple people. The two opponents Deepstuff13 and gibb1971 made every attempt to play the Alternate shot. One of your players cannot be traced. (DentonRed even says so in the email replay which was shown to me). I understand not everyone can be on at the same time ondce in a while but this is just bogus.

DentonRed's reply to Deepstuff13 after multiple attempts to reach them. Sent on the 8th of October:

Mal,

Sorry I missed your email.  What does your and partners schedule look like for today or tomorrow?  I am normally available from 5:15-6:30am, or after 4pm Pacific Time.  I am unsure of my partners availability but will get that too.  Hope to get the match in before the 10th.  Thanks for the communication sir.

Chris

2. The week 41 single play was played immediately by deepstuff13 and gibb1971 after they were told to play(6 under each, please go and see the scoreboard if needed). The reporting of it takes time for people who have forum moderation although they posted the results immediately.

How are you claiming no one deserves to go through then? Bad form this.

-kp

P.S. I dont like taking up all this forum space, only do this when i think something is wrong. Apologies to others if I'm detracting from the main subject. Thanks to Topper for organizing this, always troublseome to get 2 pairs together. More troublseome if teammates are strangers to each other. 

• RANGER1988
    1,061 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 6:26 AM

So I've spent the last 45 minutes researching the 4 players history, over the last couple of weeks, and the problem is that 19thhole1st has only played twice since 10/2! 

I also see where deepstuff13 has posted messages on both players walls to get this match played, on 10/2 he posted on 19thhole1st, and on 10/6 he posted on DentonRed827.

I also see that deepstuff13 and gibb1971 have played the alternate option of the Weekly Single 9-hole Tournament scoring a 30 each. I do not see any scores posted from DentonRed827 or 19thhole1st in that Tournament. 

If no scores are posted today in the Weekly 9-hole Single Play by 19thhole1st or DentonRed827, then deepstuff13 and gibb1971 will advance on to the next round in the upper bracket.

This is why communication between not only Partners but Teams as well, has to take place,  to get these Matches scheduled, it cannot just be 1 Team trying to do all of the work.

• pjctas0822
    4,563 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 10:39 AM

Congrats to Lutjanid and Justripit1 for a well played match this morning. No problems scheduling this match and very fun to play as well....Went back and forth for the first 4 holes until 1 missed opportunity and 3 missed putts demised Me and Samspayed but was a great game and closer then the scoring outcome. We lost 2 down with 2 to go and I believed we halved the 17th hole. 

Good Luck you 2 in your next round . 

• SamSpayed
    4,927 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 10:49 AM

pjctas0822:

Congrats to Lutjanid and Justripit1 for a well played match this morning. No problems scheduling this match and very fun to play as well....Went back and forth for the first 4 holes until 1 missed opportunity and 3 missed putts demised Me and Samspayed but was a great game and closer then the scoring outcome. We lost 2 down with 2 to go and I believed we halved the 17th hole. 

Good Luck you 2 in your next round . 

Just wanted to add my congratulations to Kat and Jocko (I hope I have your name right).  It was a fun match with friendly players.  And very easy to schedule despite us being spread across 3 different global time zones.  Best of luck to you both the rest of the way!

• AlaskanDame
    19,126 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 1:44 PM
    kelsp:
    How are you claiming no one deserves to go through then? Bad form this.

Hey, that post of mine that you are quoting was before the deadline was extended and before the post of you guys playing the weekly. Topper, you didn't have to spend that 45 minutes. I have no problem at all with you guys going on through as winners. My guys clearly blew it. They didn't respond to my messages either, and I'm not happy with them. Good luck in the rest . . . .

AKD
RSS