Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:22 AM

etienne5361:

WGTChampion:

Doc58:

How's this for starters? Can't even get to it to check it out.

PS.....Whoever is responsible for this glitch.....Thank You.

We're seeing those reports this morning and are investigating. I'm not sure how widespread it is right now, but I know many are still able to play. 

Of course, if you haven't, clear your caches and cookies and other snacks to see if it helps. Since we made changes to Clashes, your cache might be holding on to old files, clearing it would correct it (if that is the cause). 

We hope to have this resolved soon. 

_CHAMPION 

What a lame excuse again WGTCHAMPION, if you start something

be sure you get your facts right !!

I'm working with my QA and CS teams to figure this out. I offered some things to try that did not help, which is a bummer, but this is one way to find out the facts. I had not seen the issue on mobile yet, which adds another layer to this error. We wouldn't have had a clash today if we were hitting all kinds of errors in our testing.

So here's the facts so far: 

The error is across all platforms, PC, iOS, Android, Amazon

Many players are effected but the majority are able to play

_CHAMPION 

• Ketket1
    6,891 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:29 AM

Champ,

The majority ARE NOT able to play consistently. Access to matches is intermittent for everyone. We had about 1 hour in our second match where members could play but then 1 hour where no one could play. 

And looking at scores not moving on the leaderboard I suspect this is the same for all clubs. 

• DufferMcGee02
    5 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:30 AM

It's not site wide because other clubs are passing us by. The problem is not on our end.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:38 AM

It seems exactly the same as any other clash, except with different clubs.

Dopey was my favorite as he's more intelligent than the guy who thought up CC clashes. 

• bobz4
    102 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:44 AM

On Android, I get an "OOPS" box with a System.Indexoutofrangeexception error. "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

On PC, the same error as reported here.

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:45 AM

Champion - I totally don't get the scoring system.  We were ahead about 3200 to 2700 in our Clash.  But when it finished a minute later, our results show as us winning 985 - 828, thereabouts.  And our bonus awards (5 x 300) are listed.  And there were the multipliers for top 10 scores.  When do those other points get added?  They certainly aren't reflected in the running leaderboard, where we now have 1072 points (was 1041 before that clash ended).

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:50 AM

Add me into the list of players who are experiencing "unexpected error". PLayed two games and pfffft!

• SeveFrost
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:50 AM

was the new scoring system meant to extend the winning margin of the club that wins it EVERY time? what is the point?

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:52 AM

most of my club members play on mobile.I am also mobile player.None of us can play.We all seeing the same FATAL ERROR

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:53 AM

Ketket1:

Champ,

The majority ARE NOT able to play consistently. Access to matches is intermittent for everyone. We had about 1 hour in our second match where members could play but then 1 hour where no one could play. 

And looking at scores not moving on the leaderboard I suspect this is the same for all clubs. 

This is the first message that has indicated that the issue is intermittent. When are players seeing the error, is it happening when you try to load the client, during a game, or when you try to load the event leaderboard where the PLAY button is?

We think it may be related to the leaderboard or possibly the new scoring rules. Any additional information would be great. 

_CHAMPION

RSS