Forums

Help › Forums

*No Clash This Week*

Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:16 AM (116 replies)
  • Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 11:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Clash schedule.

However, I would add that I can't imagine that you don't realize that forcing everyone who is playing in these to use your "club sets of the week" rather than the ones that they have learned to play with will decrease the overall participation by a lot!

Our CC will still do whatever it takes to win by a comfortable margin (because that's what we do), but the participation from everyone in all of the CC's will go way down.

~Nancy

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:36 PM

Nancy1959:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Clash schedule.

However, I would add that I can't imagine that you don't realize that forcing everyone who is playing in these to use your "club sets of the week" rather than the ones that they have learned to play with will decrease the overall participation by a lot!

Our CC will still do whatever it takes to win by a comfortable margin (because that's what we do), but the participation from everyone in all of the CC's will go way down.

~Nancy

Here's a good book to distribute in your clubhouse Nancy...

https://www.amazon.com/Moved-Cheese-Spencer-Johnson-M-D/dp/0743582853

I'm sure The Georgian folks will play and win regardless of the clubs being used in the next Clash event.  So why worry?  It's not the World Cup.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:40 PM

Nancy1959:
    Our CC will still do whatever it takes to win by a comfortable margin (because that's what we do),

Really? This must be a new approach for your club. 

Thanks for sharing! :-) 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:40 PM

alcaucin:
    Probably more to do with your lack of skill TB ( brutally ) H....  ;/

LOL probably why I won something like 3 of the first 6 or 7 SOTW tournaments in our CC.  My lack of skill has everything to do with that I am sure.  

I have never professed to be a champion or elite player, but I have played enough to recognize a difference between erratic and unrealistic results compared to what is more typical of equipment even SOTW gear which can vary dramatically.  

However, I am not one of those players out there that uses cheat software to ding the meter every time so I will have miss dings, which is normal and can be expected, but I have also learned to use that to my advantage in certain wind conditions.  

If your only attempt is to disparage another player while making no effort at constructive criticism then that says a bit more about you than me.

While I have only been playing for a year now, I have progressed quite well considering my lack of skill.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:54 PM

alcaucin:

el3n1:
    Sorry, but I have "bought" slow meter balls to use in some of our CC SOTW tournaments and still found the meter and clubs to be so inconsistent that WGT seemingly finds a way to take a ball even on holes that I would never ordinarily lose a ball.  This is just ridiculous!

Pot calling the kettle what?

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 1:11 PM

Robert1893:

Nancy1959:
    Our CC will still do whatever it takes to win by a comfortable margin (because that's what we do),

Really? This must be a new approach for your club. 

Thanks for sharing! :-) 

LMAO

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:00 PM

el3n1:
    LOL probably why I won something like 3 of the first 6 or 7 SOTW tournaments in our CC.  My lack of skill has everything to do with that I am sure.

Hey..YOU were the one who was moaning about buying slow meter balls and still losing them in your Set CC comps....

Then advising others to " proceed with caution or use starter balls!"

My point was that those with more skill than your good-self, Don't find the meter / clubs " so inconsistent "...and in fact can score pretty well with them.

Nor do they insinuate that WGT are trying to find a way to 'tax' balls.

Andy

• Sam19572
    924 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:08 PM

WGTChampion:

Hey everyone! Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be hosting a Clash Event this week. 

We expect to host our first Set of the Week Clash next week. 

_CHAMPION 

Not a fan of going backwards to crappy clubs and leaving my investments on the sidelines. But as long as we all have to play the same clubs from the same tee boxes and same green speeds with the same balls it might be a fair challenge.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:12 PM

Luckystar5:

alcaucin:

el3n1:
    Sorry, but I have "bought" slow meter balls to use in some of our CC SOTW tournaments and still found the meter and clubs to be so inconsistent that WGT seemingly finds a way to take a ball even on holes that I would never ordinarily lose a ball.  This is just ridiculous!

Pot calling the kettle what?

The answer you're looking for, sure ain't Black...

Anyway....

Who rattled your cage ?

Get back to those red tees CHAMP !!

:D

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:18 PM

Your comment was totally uncalled for, and b/s.  I compared stats, and I wouldn't have said anything with those. But then again, Im not as ignorant as some are.  

RSS