Forums

Help › Forums

WGT History and Milestones!

Mon, Mar 19 2018 3:40 AM (63 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:24 AM

@hp: Blocking is long done, but it only helps against private messaging :(

@Robert: Just as a hint: There are parallels...
    I won't discuss any troll here in detail, no matter his colours.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:04 AM

@alosso

Hint back: I’ve done a bit of studying in the area of politics. I didn’t say I’m unaware of the point being made. I just thought this was supposed to be a politics-free zone, which I enjoy about these boards. 😀

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:09 AM

Robert1893:
    I just thought this was supposed to be a politics-free zone, which I enjoy about these boards

And I apologise for breaking that rule a few times, but when one loaths another with that much passion (which is normally not in my nature), it's difficult to hold back at times ;-)

As for HK, he definitely knows he's not telling the truth. He's been meticulous in regards to who he decides to play, carefully building his MP record against poor quality players. that shows he realises his own lack of ability to beat the really good ones.

A part of me has felt for a long time now, that he's a sociology student, who likes this game and has decided to conduct an experiment of sorts on other players, while laughing his a$$ off. There are, of course, many other possibilities, but this is the only one I don't find really, really sad.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:47 AM

mkrizan86:
    A part of me has felt for a long time now, that he's a sociology student, who likes this game and has decided to conduct an experiment of sorts on other players, while laughing his a$ off. There are, of course, many other possibilities, but this is the only one I don't find really, really sad.

I understand what you're saying. But there's no way that would happen. If for no other reason, the person would never get such a project through any institution's IRB. At least, not the way he does it.

And if you can't get it through IRB, then there's nothing you can do with the research. Can't present it, can't publish it, can't do anything with it. Besides, I know a fair amount of sociologists. No decent one would engage in such a project (again, in the way he behaves). 

And thanks for the apology. I get it. I really do. I'm no fan of the man either. This last election was the first time in a long time that I didn't vote the top of the ticket. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:45 PM

alosso:
    @hp: Blocking is long done, but it only helps against private messaging :(

Good to know.. Thought it did more...  least per FAQ's , it's been a while since I have blocked anyone to know what really gets blocked.  Carry on.  :)

Blocking a player will remove the ability for that player to invite, friend, challenge, message or post on your wall.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 11:09 PM

hpurey:
    Blocking a player will remove the ability for that player to invite, friend, challenge, message or post on your wall.
    Correct - these are can be seen as details of "private messaging". I concentrated on the indelible forum nuisance.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 3:47 AM

We live in a world where we always look for the big break, the big show, and the big crowds. Now let me say that bigness isn't wrong, bigness is great. But the amazing thing about life is that big things generally start from small things. Never despise the day of a small beginning. Your life was created from a very small cell. It's amazing to think that an atom can destroy a whole nation, that a large acorn tree grows from a very small seed.

The door to great opportunities actually rests on small hinges. What is now the huge empire known as Coca-Cola started very small. What is now known as the Microsoft Corporation started as a very small idea in a young guy's head. Think of that, the bigness of a corporation with annual profits that dwarf the budget of many nations came from the smallness of an idea.

What ideas come to us, what opportunities arrive at our doorsteps that we bypass because they are too small? The opportunity may be to give someone a smile, to lend a helping hand, to do a good deed for someone in need. These are small opportunities that we must never despise nor discard. Look for the opportunities that arrive on a very small hinge, because they could open up a tremendous door for you. Discard the small things and you really discard the great things of life.

Many people want to start at the top. One of my good friends said to me once, 'The only position in life where you start at the top is grave digging.' All of us have to start at the bottom with small things and work our way up. Life doesn't owe us anything, we owe life everything. Make the most of the smallest opportunity so you can turn it into the greatest of successes.

The average couple spends about 37 minutes a week in meaningful communication. They spend five times longer each day watching television. Wouldn't it be wonderful to take those moments in front of the TV and turn them into meaningful conversation with our families or to sow those moments into a business venture!

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 4:17 AM

craigswan:
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to take those moments in front of the TV and turn them into meaningful conversation with our families or to sow those moments into a business venture!

Adult industry, fits the criterion, you are elucidating towards

14 billion annually

I'm told, it starts off small, in the beginning, every time

Individuality decides whether it is wonderful, I suppose

☢--------------<*{{{{{-(

• AussieDog
    92 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 7:24 PM

As a person who has enjoyed this site for a number of years (even though only an average player), I don't visit these forums very often at all, and therefore had no knowledge of this HENRY KAWA person until my unfortunate luck yesterday in starting a Match Play game with him.

How did the game go?

First this person asked nicely if I would let him win because he was trying to set a record for most consecutive match play wins - I declined nicely. The following then occurred

First he begged, then he tried to bribe (dozen golf balls - yeah sure he would!)

Offered to allow me to join his Country Club - I declined saying already in a country club, he said my club was rubbish and his was best in WGT (I doubt that very much)

Now he started the abuse - calling me a dummy and an idiot, sent request to cancel match (I declined) he kept sending this request as I lined up every shot causing me to waste time deleting a pop up (note he had set match at 30 sec shot clock and 2 timeouts = disqualification. He would disconnect and then come back right at last second, kept up a tirade of abusive and whining chat for 9 holes

By this stage I had just closed chat and didnt respond

Oh his other trick was to say oh you should have waited (when putting I was going to concede) - yeah right - hoping for a timeout default more like.

When it was obvious he was going to lose he again disconnected - and at least this time didnt return

This person is nothing but a total retard (as can be seen on checking out his profile)

I am sure that there have been untold complaints to management about his attitude and actions = so why is he still among us?

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 8:09 PM

Thanks for posting this story AussieDog, it just confirms what most us already knew...that that guy is a loser and should be banned for being arguably the most disruptive player to the WGT community.

Congrats on the win and sorry you had to put up with his BS.

MC

RSS