Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 2/28/18 ***

Mon, Apr 9 2018 1:48 PM (59 replies)
  • cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:13 PM

Icon,  will we ever see any new equipment for upper level players again ?  The Top Golf Arcade stuff is getting a bit old, hearts, flags etc.  Will we get Shinnecock this year for the US Open ?  New courses in the future not of the putt putt nature,  just asking as the news since the arcade boys bought the place has been next to nothing.  Sorry,  I am like most of our members not a Top Golf fan just yet.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:22 PM

cbbcrazy:

Will we get Shinnecock this year for the US Open ?  New courses in the future not of the putt putt nature,  

These have already been answered by the VUSO announcement.

No Shinnecock, and Full Bandon in 2020.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:24 PM

onekeano:

WGTicon:

Set of the Week CC Events

In "Set of the Week" tournaments and CC Events, all players are auto-equipped with the same set of equipment to compete with, creating an even playing field to really put your skills to the test.

so a CC member sets up Set of the Week tourney and the members are automatically given that  bag of clubs to play in that tourney once they sign up?

Yes, they are equipped in your bag while you play in the tourney.  Once you finish the round/tourney they'll be gone.  i.e. you don't get them permanently.

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:34 PM

kavvz:
    you don't get them permanently.

i get that part, but do we then have to put our own clubs back in or are they restored automatically, 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:38 PM

onekeano:

kavvz:
    you don't get them permanently.

i get that part, but do we then have to put our own clubs back in or are they restored automatically, 

They are restored automatically.

• AlaskanDame
    18,968 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 3:12 PM

pdb1:

It is a good question .They are already aware of the controversy that by adding only

the high scorer bonus first . Which is the way it is currently . That others feel that all extra bonuses should be added first .

But as it stands and will probably stay that way . Any new bonuses will only help the overall points .

Another alternative would be to not add any bonuses . The final score would stand on its own . Clear cut . No grey area . No confusion . Add all bonuses after the winner has been determined .By the final score .

I think there is also small amount, 20-40 points maybe, for high participation that is added before the team totals are determined.  Not sure --- we've never gotten there, lol, but I've seen it on opponents' sometimes.  Just not sure if it was added after determining winner or for determining winner.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 3:41 PM

pdb1:

Mythanatos:
    in lieu of a new golf course to play. (what every one wants).

I guess you probably mean that too . " in lieu of " .

Not the same departments making those decisions .

Since you seem to be on the inside here, would you mind giving us a list of all the different departments in WGT? Please include the moderators because they do put in an hour or two a month so they must have their own department too.

For a recent list of "what everybody wants" just refer to the latest of the many threads asking for new courses, the current one is in the list of "active threads" with dozens of requests the last couple months.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 3:59 PM

AlaskanDame:

pdb1:

It is a good question .They are already aware of the controversy that by adding only

the high scorer bonus first . Which is the way it is currently . That others feel that all extra bonuses should be added first .

But as it stands and will probably stay that way . Any new bonuses will only help the overall points .

Another alternative would be to not add any bonuses . The final score would stand on its own . Clear cut . No grey area . No confusion . Add all bonuses after the winner has been determined .By the final score .

I think there is also small amount, 20-40 points maybe, for high participation that is added before the team totals are determined.  Not sure --- we've never gotten there, lol, but I've seen it on opponents' sometimes.  Just not sure if it was added after determining winner or for determining winner.

First the participation bonus only comes into play if you have 25% or more of your club playing. And it is like the 500 bonus points for winning a clash it is added after the winner has been determined.

• 0 - 24.9%: 0 points
    • 25 - 49.9%: +40 points
    • 50 - 74.9%: +100 points
    • 75 - 99.9%: +175 points
    • 100%: +300 points

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 4:45 PM

Mcduff61:
      Hey YJ , you willing to put few packs of balls on the line for the Yankees squad winning the World Series this year??.. I know it is early, but your squad has been bought .

Bought? Take another look at the job Cashman did without buying anybody. Stanton was a bonus and made serious $ sense. They in a nice position for the FA derby next year and have $ to spend around the trade deadline this year. The days of buying a team are gone, they're building from within and have a ridiculous farm system now. 

The season's 162 games and I don't put much stock in what happens until the AS break. An early slump makes September difficult just as an early streak puts you in control. Save the betting until it ain't on paper anymore.  Boston wins the WS every spring, bet on them.  LOL  

RSS