Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 2/28/18 ***

Mon, Apr 9 2018 1:48 PM (59 replies)
  • Nertz2134
    9 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:59 AM

It would be nice if they could fix the swing meter. I mean, it IS only the most important thing. Mine hasn't been right for years, I only come around rarely anymore. Hope this place peters out and something else fills the vacuum.

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 9:25 AM
    I'm wondering when the 300-point awards get added --- before or after determining the winner of the Clash?

Currently, the 100 points for having the player with the most points gets added before determining the winning side. So Club A can be behind 99 points, but still win if Club A has the player with the most individual points. The 100 gets added, and THEN the total points are compared.

If the new award points work the same way, it will be MUCH harder to see when it would be pragmatic to stop using the blue super passes . . . . .
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 9:38 AM

AlaskanDame:
    I'm wondering when the 300-point awards get added --- before or after determining the winner of the Clash?

Currently, the 100 points for having the player with the most points gets added before determining the winning side. So Club A can be behind 99 points, but still win if Club A has the player with the most individual points. The 100 gets added, and THEN the total points are compared.

If the new award points work the same way, it will be MUCH harder to see when it would be pragmatic to stop using the blue super passes . . . . .

This is a very good question. 

I wish they would add all these extra points after the match is determined. I always expect the other team to add an extra 200 points at the end, we can see the high scorer but not all these extra points.

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 10:26 AM

thanks for nothing 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 10:36 AM

Personally, I like all of the new changes and think they definitely improve the product.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 10:38 AM
    I have had 3 different payers complain after they got booted from a round that they got flashed a message indicating they no longer could connect to the WGT server..Unlike past instances of this happening while trying to log in, in all three cases today the players where about to hit or putt a ball during a round. Maybe it was just an anomaly going on for a short time after the update?..I wonder if any of you all have the same issue?
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 11:00 AM

Mcduff61:
    Maybe it was just an anomaly going on for a short time after the update?

More like it happened during the update. Seems the actual time was open to interpretation.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/518518.aspx

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 12:47 PM

>>You might be right YJ but I did not play during the update.........  as long as it is not an epidemic I suppose it's no big deal.....

Hey YJ , you willing to put few packs of balls on the line for the Yankees squad winning the World Series this year??.. I know it is early, but your squad has been bought . I will take the field if you want to bet a pack of balls.... Might be an epic season as far as pro ball goes, the dumb numbers say the Yankees got the most powerful team since the Saber metric era began...

Anyway I have only ever witnessed the WGT server busy message while trying to sign in/ log in...Had several players get that message from their browser in the middle of a round today...Must be cleared up if there are not a bunch of wgt players complaining, just a quick glitch after the update or something like that.... The last two rounds I did not hear about it at all.... I am thinking the server thing was either short lived or particular to the way a browser reacted to the update?

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 12:50 PM

Yet again the updates are all about maximising the revenue stream accrued by WGT/Topgolf , pointless additions to the Clash and adding more gimmicks to the arcade, oops sorry the mobile version.

Still no mention of a new course, probably because that is not coming anytime soon. Yet another "non update" really.

What used to be a great game to play is slowly but surely sliding into mediocrity, and sometime in the future my guess is that the only way you will be play it is on mobile, god forbid !!

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:12 PM

WGTicon:

Set of the Week CC Events

In "Set of the Week" tournaments and CC Events, all players are auto-equipped with the same set of equipment to compete with, creating an even playing field to really put your skills to the test.

so a CC member sets up Set of the Week tourney and the members are automatically given that  bag of clubs to play in that tourney once they sign up?

RSS