Help › Forums

poor continuity

Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:48 PM (74 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,520 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    Besides that, there could be a million players online at the same time

Yo Jim...Focus on the word "could"...so...please pass me what you're smok'in.  I'm thinking 20,000 max.  I know you haven't sold out to TopGolf yet.  Sheesh.  Come on...you know better than that.  LOL  Oh, and by the way...Happy Valentine's Day...XO Paul

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    alosso:
    nobody else would misspell my nick like you did.

And he capitalized the first letter. LOL  ;-)

Capitalizing the wrong letter ain't that bad, and I didn't want to appear pedantic!

• pmm711
    5,520 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:12 PM

alosso:
    nobody else would misspell my nick like you did.

That's why we all know the prob is with his computer and not the servers.  Answered this one himself.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:46 PM

hoeman793:

I'm getting feed up with the lousy game performance on this server set up . You people need too hire someone that can get the accuracy into it everywhere and don't go ooh its the internet because I play all over the spectrum of a day and with the exception off about 7;20 - 740 am I get a crap round , even in that little time frame (and i'm pretty sure your probably rebooting or otherwise doing something to the servers too aline them or what have you) Since You can not or will not address this I figure the WGT owes me about 10 sleeves of nike high end balls please credit them too my account Im tired of seeing these other players shooting 58s 59s and i cant usually hit 66s BS I say

You cant shoot below 60 for the following reasons :

#1 Driving Acc. 79.80%

#2 G.I.R. 69%

#3 AVG dist . to Pin 17ft,

#4 844 ranked rounds L92 Tour Master 

This is why you cant shoot those scores because you havent put your time in . Although the game has issues , your problem is not the game. Dont forget that this game is being played world wide . 24 hours a day and 7 days a week some one is playing the game .

Try a different browser , many of us use Maxthon or one of its versions . It plays great for the majority of us with little to no problems . Since you are the only one with this isuue its clearly on your end .

The help is here if you want it and you will find many answers if you search >>>>>. After a little over 3 years of casual playing being only on L92 says just how little you really play . So put your time in and get serious about the game if you want to post lower scores .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 2:53 PM

dlscntgolf:

I have the same problem with what appears buffering, the swing bar jerks, speeds up, an slowes down so much I can't really ever get a perfect swing.  I have been playing for several years and it has just been the last 4 or 5 months this started.  It is so hard it is not fun to play.

No you have an account thats 6 years old .As a L62 Tour Pro with only 579 ranked rounds . You dont play as much as you think . Fix your system by trying a different browser . Also make sure to clear your cache and clean your computer . Only run the game when playing .

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 3:36 PM

I'm not siding with the Op here, but there was something a little funky with WGT's server, or one of their servers very early this morning and I never read about a scheduled downtime.

I got this at 1:45 a.m.-

Grabbed this at 1:50 a.m.-

And then got this at 2:03 a.m.-

MC

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:40 PM

at least they are letting us know now. all the maintenance shut downs happen at 10 PM Pacific time most of the time

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:45 PM

lonniescott711:

You cant shoot below 60 for the following reasons :

#1 Driving Acc. 79.80%

#2 G.I.R. 69%

#3 AVG dist . to Pin 17ft,

All of that just proves how WGT and its servers are sticking it to him on a regular basis! ;-) 

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 5:35 PM

hoeman793:
    you cant tell me there are  a whole lot of anyone on line at 5 am est relatively speaking .

You would be surprised how many people  play at 5:00 AM EST. That time of the day might just be one of the busiest times on WGT. Many players on the east coast and mid America play as soon as they get up to get their consecutive day in before they go to work, And in other parts of the world people are playing before bed. But the servers are not the what causes meter stutter  and other meter problems. That is strictly on your computer. Use a good solid browser and keep your computer configured well and most of your meter problems will be history, One thing that will help is more memory. When I had a system that barely met the requirements with only 2 gig of ram I had to use Game booster to have a good meter. Now with 4 gig my meter is very good just as it is. 

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Thu, Feb 15 2018 3:35 PM

I'm not sure why so many people are so adamant that meter issues are 100% completely on the user's computer. I agree that there are many things that you can optimize, but it also appears there are things beyond the end user's control.

This is from WGT:

"The meter performance is affected by a multitude of variables and affects every player differently due to their location, internet service provider, computer, what is installed on the computer and the settings on the computer/ browser. We are working on several solutions which will make the meter more consistent or perform smoother in more conditions but we do not have a simple or catchall solution that we can release. We do and will continue to seek solutions.

But to be clear WGT does not have any control to vary the meters performance by time, type of game, round or stroke. We cannot target an individual nor a specific stroke.

If the meter is performing better or worse at a particular moment it is probably due to congestion between the server and your machine or the current CPU and RAM utilization on your computer.  We have found that most of the issues have to do with the amount of RAM you have and the CPU performance of your system. Running streaming music/video, itunes, anti virus scans, etc...   will noticeably degrade the performance of the meter.

This being said we are actively investigating ways to improve the meter."

RSS