Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Features

Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM (65 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:15 PM

Thanks for the update but who would've thought it would cause Tibbets to finally "jump the shark"...too funny.

regarding feature candidates thumbs up to:

• St Andrews stroke play course
    • Monthly and weekly multi-round tournaments
    • New outfits for avatars
    • Reputation tracking –see multiplayer game completion rates for every player
    • Ability to enter a reason for declining a multiplayer game invitation
    • “My Tournaments” section in player profile – track your status and standings in tournaments
    • Leaderboards for game statistics
    • ability to save and share scorecards
    • Additional balls and clubs
  • Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:29 PM

There is not one item on the list that should have a higher priority than more stroke play COURSES, and rotating pin placements.

Everything on the current list would be nice, as finishing touches, applied just before release of the final product, but far from high priority items.

• acpee
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:30 PM

I really like the idea to allow us to switch clubs at any time.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:06 AM

Crusty56:
    There is not one item on the list that should have a higher priority than more stroke play COURSES, and rotating pin placements.

Full agreement with Crusty56 on this.

Otherwise...

WGTalex:
    • Reputation tracking –see multiplayer game completion rates for every player

Radosť  Many thanks in advance to WGT. We finally see the introduction of one of the proposed quitting deterrents officially confirmed by WGT. I have 2 suggestions to make regarding the optimal way to implement the feature:

• Please make the Reputation value appear along with the player's name & average score on the players selection screen prior to the launch of a multi-player game. That way, the game host can kick off players with low reputations trying to join (and ruin yet again through quitting) a multi-player round. I believe the Reputation value will be a highly effective measure to combat quitters, because everyone will think twice now before needlessly lowering one's Reputation score and thus endangering one's future participation in multi-player games.
    • Please don't forget not to to lower someone's Reputation score if a player is abandoned by everyone else and does not finish the round, either. That is OK and understandable.
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 2:28 AM

Reputation or "quitting multi-player games" tracking is good in theory but will not reflect the true nature of WHY the player left the game .... for example 1: i have internet service through a well-known ISP and as i do not have a static IP (the set of numbers that identify your web address) , i am liable to be be disconnected at any time my ISP decides to switch my web routing ... when it happens, it appears to the other players as if i have a game-loading problem and the game times out before my ISP reconnects me via my new IP ... trying to retry the load when the load-manager error dialog opens does not solve the problem and all i can do is disconnect from the game so the other players can continue as it will have them stuck in limbo until i do . So this would mark me as a "game-quitter" through no fault of my own ... example 2: You never know what at-home situations require the attention of a player at any time ... and i would be the first to quit a game at any time my attention is needed elsewhere ... this is entertainment after all and takes a second place (if there) to my real life obligations ... that would also be a black mark on my "reputation" record ... ... ... ...

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 3:25 AM

Reputation Tracker: Gosh - Big Brother is watching you! Isn't this some kind of infringement on my civil liberties?

I fully appreciate how annoying it is when people disappear without explanation, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the answer. There are many reasons why people quit games, some of them legitimate.

# I was in a fourball the other day  and by hole three I was the only one left. Not so much as a 'cheerio' from any of them! Billy-No-Mates here continued to play on my own till I got an invite from a friend.

# The meter is much more erratic in multi-player mode, resulting in many more duffed shots and lost balls, all of which have a startling impact on your hard-earned average.

# Abusive or inappropriate comments is something I will not engage in. I give people one chance , and if they persist I leave, but always tell them why. Example: I was in a match last week when a neanderthal I was playing with posted a comment to a female player thus - 'I want to do you'. She immediately disconnected, and so did I.

# Furtive rounds in the office, then the boss walks in.

# The wife getting home from work unexpectedly early, prompting me to charge down the stairs when I hear the key going in the door, and pretending I've been preparing dinner for ages! I usually tell people in advance if their is a likelihood of this happening.

# IT issues. I've been getting a lot of blue screen errors lately, and I can't figure out why. Just tells me it's a hardware issue, but so far I haven't been able to identify it. Hence, my computer often reboots without warning.

All these are real examples, and in most cases happen quite frequently. Am I to be penalised for them, and have my 'reputation' sullied through no fault of my own.

Think again guy's, and don't presume you can act as judge and jury on us all.

Sean

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 4:24 AM

howdy

for me i think the most importat update to keep the players online is:

St Andrews stroke play course

all other updates after that.....

just my opinion

regards

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 5:30 AM

I totally agree bluescouse. Come on WGT.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 6:31 AM

Personally, the worst part about these updates is that St. Andrew's stroke play is just a "future" item. It's not on the timeline for soon. It's just something they're working on. That could mean we don't see it until next summer. I mean, look how long it's taking to get Pinehurst after they took picture (and that's just another CTTH).

After beta testing TWO, I can honestly say that despite the gameplay being nowhere near as realistic as here, there were far more items to hold my interest and keep me coming back. Course mastery? Swing trainer to improve driving, putting, chipping, etc accuracy? Different pin placements? 5 stroke play courses to master? The sad fact of the matter is that I spent far more time on TWO during the last beta than I did on WGT and it was simply because it had the features to keep me coming back and working to better my CHARACTER (something I've mentioned WGT should implement).

• Shephard
    32 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 7:18 AM

A lot of us have been saying, we sure would like to see the Augusta, Georgia course, in the spring time, as a multi player stroke course!

RSS