Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Features

Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM (65 replies)
  • JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 7:11 PM

dancing bananas are the best

i want them on the course as spectators as bad as Mrboo wants his birds...lol

galleries...that was cool on Links...gave you that tourney feel

• stevengarcia
    15 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:23 PM

Many good suggestions for upgrades.  And if I was the project manager for WGT.com, then I would certainly add other payment options.  Because if WGT doesn't get paid, this game goes away.  :-)

- Does WGT pay any royalties to the courses it digitizes?  Does WGT pay an up-front fee to take all the pictures?

How does WT get those aerial shots which appear to be about 50-100 feet in the air?

- I guess the WGT people go to a course and take a several hundred pictures of the course.  In HD.  I wonder why they can't digitally manipulate the pictures of greens to move the pins around.  Maybe because it won't be as accurate?  Seeing how each photograph's hole has to be repositioned perfectly?

A few suggestions:

- I think the pitching and chipping is sufficiently erratic and unreliable that it's hard to hit a relatively predictable shot.  e.g. I might be 3 yards off the green on the fringe/fairway.  In real golf this could certainly be a chip or a pitch, your choice.  However many times I'll try to "chip" and for some reason the ball doesn't land on the green, or it doesn't "go" if it hits the fringe first.  It gets frustrating when you are trying to chip, say, 7 yards, and if you hit a chip 6 yards on the meter it may not even make it off the fringe.

Basically I think those controls are too sensitive and need to be tweaked to be a little more reliable.

- I would love a button on the UI that allows one to see the topology map on the green no matter where you are, tee box, fairway, 20 yards out, 100 yards out, whatever.  I think that is KEY.

- The game needs some sort of "Tap In" button if your put is within a short distance from the hole, like 12 - 18 inches.  You can just tap it in and not use the meter.  In my opinion it is more likely that someone will miss the putt because of game user error than if they were actually on the green.  It will greatly speed up the game - especially group play.  Some puts are so short that they are gimmies to any golfer no matter how inexperienced.

At the very least allow golfers to "putt out" if their put is within a few feet of the hole, so we don't keep on rotating between players who are all within 2-4 feet of the cup.

- People want a practice green and driving range.  That's fine...but it would be much easier to allow people to "redo shots" if they are playing a practice round.  It would be a simple menu item near "replay shot."  You obviously can't do this during a ranked round.  Sounds good, doesn't it?

- I think it would be great to hit a ball from different angles...you still obviously have to have a meter but I would often like to hit a shot while I'm looking down on a fairway or a green.  Yea Yea it's not realistic but in the end this is game and there are some liberties we can take that doesn't actually give a golfer an unfair advantage over a realistic game.

There are other little quirkiness things here or there.  So far I've resisted purchasing upgrades because I fear all I'll do is play a little better, and then want to upgrade even more.  :-(

Overall a good game.  If I ever play Kiawah in the future, I'll know that course like the back of my hand.  :-)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 3:19 PM

The chipping and pitching is fine. It is reliable. 

Read THIS, try it out and practice and then come back.

• Ace6190
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 11:54 AM

Tibbets I would think some one like you who has been successful at playing the game would be all behind WGT considering its FREE. But I see you also think WGT owes us something for just playing the game.
    I disagree with your thinking and opinion that WGT is so greedy if they were so greedy we would all be paying to play .I say give them a chance to produce than to degrade them every time they make a attempt to make the game better. If you have so many problems with how they have produced the game why do you play in the first place just to run them down? You should also consider you are at the top of the winnings and you words do have effect because lots of members look up to you but for myself I have lost respect for you just because of your posts taking cheep shots at WGT your crappy attitude is really a disappointment. In my opinion they should remove every post you have made that is negative which would be most of them. For them of you that can only complain and throw fits find a better golf game no one is forcing any of you to play and your constant complaining make you all look like a bunch of whiners ... want some cheese with that.

Thanks WGT for the effort you have put into this free game no matter what they say in the forum please know that many of us do truly appreciate your efforts and we thank you.. keep up the good work

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 12:30 PM

Congrats on making your very first forum post a personal attack.

Respect is a 2 way street, Ace6190.  Fortunately for both of us, it's not required to play this game.

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM

Ace6190, please step back and take a deep breath.  Some people on here have been waiting longer than July 13th of this year for some of their issues to be resolved.  I think that WGt realizes that some people are ok doinking around with free clubs and stuff, and others would like to see it be even better.  They seem to take critisism and try and fit it in with their priorities (which doesn't always fit in with our priorities), so they get feedback from time to time.  It's ok, noone can make them do anything that they dont plan on doing, but we can tell them that we are not happy that they didn't do it.

Oh, and since you brought it up, the game is only free if you let it be free.  I believe that you would enjoy the game a bunch more by spending some of your allowance on upgrades (clubs and balls (never mind, I see that you already bought some...so much for free)).

Enjoy the ride, no matter which lane you are in.

Later bud,

Rich

RSS