Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Features

Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM (65 replies)
  • rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:58 PM

Thanks a lot for the list alex, I have not been here a fraction of the time of some of these players, however I was growing a little old with some of those features not already being in the game. I still think a new stroke play course should be on the highest priority list, but maybe just maybe it is the can't talk about section.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:58 PM

Thank you for the match play but I'm sorry you picked St. Andrews for stroke play. After the beauty of what you have now I'm curious to see what high definition ugly looks like.

This doesn't mean you good people across the big water need to smack me, I'm just expressing my own views on the place.I realize the history of the game involved here and how revered St. Andrews is.  I played many, many rounds there in Links' and it was dreary and gloomy then, not to mention windy, and I'm sure HD won't improve that.

I was kind of hoping one of those ctth courses would make the leap but I appreciate you moving forward with what you have and look forward myself to the new challenges.

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 3:52 PM

YankeeJim:
    .I realize the history of the game involved here and how revered St. Andrews is.  I played many, many rounds there in Links' and it was dreary and gloomy then, not to mention windy, and I'm sure HD won't improve that.
    Ah YJ, you've made the trip to Mecca.. most of us haven't.  Please don't begrudge us our first and (probably) only opportunity to swing a club (virtual or otherwise) there in the very cradle of golf.

Peace

*Edit.... Cool Pony!!!  Thanks Alex!  Now, which tourney has this as it's prize?!?!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:56 PM

Thank you Alex. Must appreciated

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:56 PM

Many good upgrades but will only comment on a few mentioned or missing.

1) Shot shaping... Great, but don't bother with the feet placement. You already have punch shot options, working the ball will hopefully be incorporated into the meter. I find it would add complexity game wise and coding for not much benefit.

2) Gotta get the practice area going (range, putting, chipping area)

3) Pin placements

4) Could we get a distance to pin as well as distance to landing area when playing a safe shot

5) Detecting use of cheat software, bot, etc...

6) Since this is also becoming a social site..... how about a chat room for multi players....(The Clubhouse) Ooooooo and maybe have to use credits to become members to special rooms. Little more cash for dev WGT !

7) I wanted a pink pony !

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 6:17 PM

Considering the vast nature of improvement suggestions, which have covered everything from aardvark to Zimbabwe, It seems to me you have been able to wittle down to a very exciting set of prospects. I only wish the nebulousity of the implementation time was more specific and less "if come". Otherwise, very snazzy...A+. 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 6:42 PM

What happened to mix-n-match club sets?  I believe WGTadmin was the one that said about a month ago it would be in the near future?

We should be able to play whatever 14 clubs we want, we've paid for them.  I can't imagine that it would take much time for you guys to make it happen.

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:14 PM

A lot of the upcoming features are nice but we really need a few more courses...driving range and practice putting green also..anyway, thanks for the upgrades when they come!!!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:23 PM

All of those things are good and fine, but it's still cart-before-the-horse thinking.  Lets see, 30-60 days before implementation, plus another few months to iron out all the kinks.  Now we're looking at the middle of 2010 before some of those things work as they should.  Meanwhile, changing the pins, which as suggested nearly a year ago and has been called for over and over again, is still not in the works.  Lets see, perhaps the end of 2010 before that happens, some 2 years after it was suggested.

But oh yes, by all means, get more ways for us to pay you ASAP.  It is pretty clear where the priorities lie.  Oh yes, and more CTHH courses, since we have expressed such extreme excitement over that.  *rolls eyes*

This game will be in Beta long into 2011, perhaps even 2012.  We'll see if it even has any relevance by then.

P.S. as far as the "what we can tell you" goes:  This is such a joke.  You really do take yourselves far too seriously if you think it's necessary to withhold information about a virtual golf game.  Tell your sponsors to get real and stop playing some silly psy-op marketing game.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:07 PM

Yeah I have to agree with Tibs there...things definatly are going way to slow for my liking. Ive expressed my opinion on priorities..like mentioned before...increase your staff, make things happen or risk losing what you have worked so long and hard for...many games like this are labors of love for the programers who work with limited recources and try to do these things in there own free time...If thats the case. I really do thank you for your effort..I hope you guys step up soon to the legends tier..I would be willing to pay for the download OF THE GAME  IF WE HAD more stroke play courses...and were promised the release of one course every three months...I dont know what your plans really are for the game...that really is what we would like to know...

RSS