Forums

Help › Forums

Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:30 AM

Romax:

Nice work WGT.........with all the fkn around with game play. Lip out 2 footers....wind a coin toss to see if it's real...balls going OB when dinged etc. etc. Of course we all make mistakes , and that's what golf is all about, but this site has become pure BS and is all about $. People are leaving and many more will be. 

I don't complain when a shot goes bad and I don't own a tinfoil hat...so save the remarks... trolls.  The only thing that has kept me here is friends.....and another one has left the building. Rethink ...or sink WGT.

+1

I sign that. Specialy those lip out thing, but also everything else. 3 or more lip outs on one and mostly every 9 hole round. That makes no sence and that is no fun. Absolutely frustrating. If people like me and many more say so, who normaly not are complainers, there must go something in a very wrong direction here at WGT. I am not one of those guys who play a bad round and then go to the forum to blame it on WGT and whining about how bad the whole world is. But more and more I have those rounds where I play 2 or 3 first holes and then hoping that the round will be over soon. I miss what this game once was and I fear what it will be if it continous the actualy way: history, over, just a nice memory, no fun anymore.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:01 AM

77Rachel:

This is a very nice posting. Made me smile and saved my day. Thanks for that.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:58 AM

pmm711:

YankeeJim:

pmm711:
    If Mags doesn't b!tch about VEM and crazy, errant shots then there aren't any.

Yes there are, he just handles it like a pro and moves on.

+1

(Based on the other comments) I guess you have to be a Yankee in order to recognize/understand satire around here.  No "splain'in" necessary for you YJ.

Satire?

I agree then...and i might add that you have to be Greek to recognize/understand the correct usage of this word and the context where to be applied.

Have a nice day.

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 12:18 PM

Henry  sliced a ball into a field of chickens, striking one of the hens and killing it instantly. He was understandably upset, and sought out the farmer. “I’m sorry,” he said, “my terrible tee-shot hit one of your hens and killed it. Can I replace the hen?”

“I don’t know about that,” replied the farmer, mulling it over. “How many eggs a day do you lay?”

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:20 PM

I sign that. Specialy those lip out thing, but also everything else. 3 or more lip outs on one and mostly every 9 hole round. That makes no sence and that is no fun. 

Thanks for the support Sir. You are obviously seeing some of the same oddities that I am.And you are correct, that it's very frustrating. It's hard to imagine why some see strange stuff over and over and others say their game plays normally 100 % of the time. 

I think we have both been around long enough to notice when things change and all attempts to adapt and compensate just do not seem to work. It's not like every single game is beyond belief  and that every shot is a WTF ? That was never my point at all. Things often seem the same as always and then suddenly it seems like someone else is swinging the club.  I guess we must accept things as they are or just give up playing. It will be a cold day in Hell before I will accept the insinuation that everything is normal though and I only expect a well played shot to play well. I don't think that is unreasonable..at all.  A poorly hit shot deserves punishment.....same as in the real game, and I accept that completely.   Have a good day                                     R.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:41 PM

Romax:
    I only expect a well played shot to play well. I don't think that is unreasonable..at all.  A poorly hit shot deserves punishment.....same as in the real game

But in the real game, even a perfectly executed shot (well looks for a while and feels like it has been) often comes up with a not so perfect result......

And then how many times have we said oooohh chiiiiitttttttt......only to end up close after that poorly executed shot......

Lip outs are caused by speed/line as simple as that. Yes I think the settings are tuned up and down which causes these lip outs, but still comes down to line and speed, just like real golf.

The simple fact is the game probably plays too easily and needs to be made harder, but then people just complain....I suppose WGT is in a tough place.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:08 PM

I was pegging a response time of 30 mins or less from one of the more learned and knowledgeable individuals......It looks like one thing remains consistent here at least. I know nothing about this game I guess and it's always nice to be reminded of that. I had no clue about speed and line until now.  Thx for sharing that nugget.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:31 PM

Romax:
    I had no clue about speed and line until now.  Thx for sharing that nugget.

No need to be a total dickhead about it. 

For one, I did not say at any stage did you know nothing about the game, nor that you had no clue about the speed and line putting........but if you are constantly lipping out, then perhaps you know less than you thought you knew, or are too slow at adjusting to marginally faster/slower greens.

Remember that the greens set at 13 for example, may be running at 13.4.....the difference can result in a lip out unless the line and speed is perfect.....oh just like real golf!  And like in real golf where green speeds may vary green to green due to moisture, sunlight etc....maybe that happens here as a subtle variation,

The blame everyone but themselves brigade are a dime a dozen, at least I am accountable for my own inadequacies.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:34 PM

Romax:

Thanks for the support Sir. You are obviously seeing some of the same oddities that I am.And you are correct, that it's very frustrating. It's hard to imagine why some see strange stuff over and over and others say their game plays normally 100 % of the time. 

I see the same things when I play, but it is nothing new!

Been that way forever...personally it seems that once every few months putts will start lipping out, break differently than the dots would indicate it would, speeds appear to be off too....shots come up short/long, way off target etc...

It lasts for 3-4 days, then it is followed by a period of time that everything ends up perfect even when you know you missed the shot, or putts fall in you "know" you hit bad, you just don't see "anyone" post about those!

I just play "less" when it is happening, and more when everything is going good!

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 3:28 PM

alanti:

Romax:
    I had no clue about speed and line until now.  Thx for sharing that nugget.

No need to be a total dickhead about it. 

For one, I did not say at any stage did you know nothing about the game, nor that you had no clue about the speed and line putting........but if you are constantly lipping out, then perhaps you know less than you thought you knew, or are too slow at adjusting to marginally faster/slower greens.

Remember that the greens set at 13 for example, may be running at 13.4.....the difference can result in a lip out unless the line and speed is perfect.....oh just like real golf!  And like in real golf where green speeds may vary green to green due to moisture, sunlight etc....maybe that happens here as a subtle variation,

The blame everyone but themselves brigade are a dime a dozen, at least I am accountable for my own inadequacies.

Gawd.......No more info today please. My fkn head is gonna explode it I learn any more about the game and what it takes to excel at it. Please explain why tourney greens switch to fast sometimes and how to know when that is about to happen......but not until tomorrow cuz ....well uknow.

Edit...At no stage did I say I was constantly lipping out either. I am much better at lipping off...and I think I have that nailed now. Lmao.  Forget this and move on to weaker beings.

RSS