Forums

Help › Forums

Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 10:29 AM
    well i agree with big grgrayyy,when you play for fun and don't care why play. when you play ready go's or skins and miss for lost of credits ? well i believe that that have all the control over who wins or not ,meter going crasy , surges just before the ding, don't believe its by acc. i have play with a lot of people and grt deal of them has the same problems.just look at the top guys with the scores they shoot? i play them and funny how scores changes so much. not long ago we were play an alt. game was beating this one guy,and then he said he was going to put his gloves on and from then on he never ms a shot. wgt could do something about that but they don't care about it as long as the keeps flowing in.i can say this playing the since june 2011 i do love it. i have top notch computer and it happens to me. i have 5104 game played stroke play and 4500 alt. shot so thats my 2 cents worth. good day my friends harrybr549
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 11:02 AM

alanti:
    bigrayyy:
    disagree Jim...this game aint nearly what it used to be...you know it, I know it and anybody above the rank of legend knows it...when they start selling ball "effects" then you know this game has gone to hell in a handbasket..
    The gimmicks are twee, and aimed at revenue raising.......

But players who often complain are players that never really learnt the game fully in the first place.

I remember how the great Andyson would disprove many of these theories......and the "dinged shots" going OB are very rare, missed 2 foot putts etc., I find this hard to believe unless they tried to baby the putt in on a slope....I think that is why Jim called BS on that..

Regardless, if you simply play for fun, what the heck difference does it make? Zero.....a few laughs is worth 10 missed 2 footers IMO

Sorry, no formatting......gone again sigh.....comes and goes

alanti:
    the "dinged shots" going OB are very rare,

The only dinged shots that go OB are shots that were aimed wrong. Most likely one of Andy's proofs. The mouse didn't release the aim arrow and the shot was not aimed where the player thought it was. We have all probably hit a few of those, 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 11:44 AM

borntobesting:
    The only dinged shots that go OB are shots that were aimed wrong. Most likely one of Andy's proofs.

This was one of the greatest tools Andyson had-he could literally see the specifics on any given shot in a replay. I can't tell you how many times he debunked similar rants that regularly showed up here by analyzing the shot data.

He was always on the fence about whether or not he was violating something by looking behind the scenes so I always knew what was coming when I got his message to check my Skype messages. He would show me the explanations there, away from WGT. I learned a ton from him by this. We had many good laughs at some of the regular whiners and their replays. Little did they know.  :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:27 PM

borntobesting:
    The only dinged shots that go OB are shots that were aimed wrong

Or the wrong club was selected - use Oly #3 as a case in point - how many of us have done that.....cheers Mr Useless Caddy.......

Once of St Andy's, I did hit the fairway, hit a mound and it bounced OB - pretty much on a 45 degree kick....the irony is I have actually seen that happen in real life (well bounced so far right it was a lost ball!

As Jim says, Andyson could make a mockery out of those "dinged shots" that were hit perfectly! I knew he could somehow get into the "behind the scenes" and isolate the reasons for the errant results. 

I am not saying there is no variable wind, meter issues or unexplained putts (to the naked eye) or VEM does not exist - it does and is required to have a modicum of realism.......after all, it is golf and this happens on the real course.....then add to that a ton of things that can go wrong with a swing, grip and stance....the issues people complain about are child's play in comparison.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:36 PM

alanti:
    I am not saying there is no variable wind, meter issues or unexplained putts (to the naked eye) or VEM does not exist - it does and is required to have a modicum of realism

An interesting look at just how much influence VEM has on a game can be observed by playing Oakmont. VEM is stroke based-ranked rounds particularly. However, since nothing you do at Oakmont counts-out of sight, out of mind for VEM because it doesn't exist-you deal only with the normal club deviation and the scores reflect that as it's much easier to score without the reality factor VEM introduces.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:48 PM

YankeeJim:
    and the scores reflect that as it's much easier to score without the reality factor VEM introduces.

Hmm....my scoring has not improved on Oak.....it was always a course I enjoyed and you could always score well there if you played well....maybe it is because i don't play it much now, but personally there has been no discernible change.

But a valid point nevertheless, and reading Harry's post ^^^, perhaps VEM is set higher in RG's, perhaps as a leveler?  Where is CIB when you need him?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:48 PM

Double post...trigger happy

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 3:14 PM

ok comment

we play this game at our own freewill no-one makes us play

we get up turn a computer on and play wgt

i am a legend tier player when i miss a putt i dont throw my dummy(pacifier) away

your opinion only counts when wgt think,s it counts

if your friends want to quit wgt then so be it

no -one makes anyone play this game

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:37 PM

adaputter:

ok comment

we play this game at our own freewill no-one makes us play

we get up turn a computer on and play wgt

i am a legend tier player when i miss a putt i dont throw my dummy(pacifier) away

your opinion only counts when wgt think,s it counts

if your friends want to quit wgt then so be it

no -one makes anyone play this game

yawn...see page 2

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:18 PM

If Mags doesn't b!tch about VEM and crazy, errant shots then there aren't any.  He just keeps on truck'in. 

nuf sed

RSS