Forums

Help › Forums

stroke play on all courses

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:28 PM (40 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:35 PM

And where does one hear such great news?

My prediction: this will occur on the 13th of December. No source for that, but the last 2 product updates occurred on August 13 and October 13. So, to preserve the upgrade rhythm, December 13 should follow next.  

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:10 PM

That sounds like good news to me .I love the St. Andrews course.Ihope you are right Faterson about it being in the 13 rythym.Thats not to far away...

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:11 PM

Looks like the WGT admins really like the number 13. Bethpage Black's US Open challenge was actually added on April 13 this year.

And by the way, my prediction for the release of the stroke play course after St. Andrews is Pebble Beach next April, since it'll be next year's US Open venue in June.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 3:05 PM

pinkgirl34:
    And by the way, my prediction for the release of the stroke play course after St. Andrews is Pebble Beach next April, since it'll be next year's US Open venue in June

If the WGT tries to make a CTTH debacle out of PB, I'll blow up my computer... lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:25 AM

pinkgirl34:
    my prediction for the release of the stroke play course after St. Andrews is Pebble Beach next April, since it'll be next year's US Open venue in June.

That's an extremely optimistic prediction... Bethpage Black (for stroke-play) was added in May, and it looks like it will take 7 months or longer for the next stroke-play course, St. Andrews, to be added... And you're saying it should then take only 4 more months for yet another stroke-play course to appear?    It would be wonderful, but at the current rate of product upgrades, it doesn't seem very likely.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:50 PM

GITrDONE:

Soulcatcher:

Oct is the one year Beta anniversary. I for one cannot sleep at night in anticipation.

Oct.30 was the 40 year anniversary of the internet.

Do y'all think it has come along way

Or does it have along way to go?

Yes.

And yes.

But Al Gore has done a wonderful job with it so far. :)

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:49 PM

AlaCowboy:

GITrDONE:

Soulcatcher:

Oct is the one year Beta anniversary. I for one cannot sleep at night in anticipation.

Oct.30 was the 40 year anniversary of the internet.

Do y'all think it has come along way

Or does it have along way to go?

Yes.

And yes.

But Al Gore has done a wonderful job with it so far. :)

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:37 AM

I'm so tired of these same courses...great great game...but without not playing 18 and the same courses...it gets boring.

• golferpat12
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:41 AM

Hey, is there a way to "unlock" other courses? Or can you only play stroke play on Bethpage and Kiawah forever?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:03 AM

Yes, we are working on more stroke play courses. We post updates on upcoming releases here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5038.aspx

RSS