Forums

Help › Forums

stroke play on all courses

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:28 PM (40 replies)
  • pcbrown
    30 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 8:24 AM

i really have enjoyed playing the stoke courses available and would really like to play the other courses in stroke basis for a little more variety.

• Tidzieboy
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:12 AM

Couldn't agree more, starting to lose my motivation for the game as the 2 'old' courses are starting to bore.  I actually asked WGT themselves if there were plans for more courses and was told to expect some 'very soon' this was about 2 months ago now!!!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:00 AM

Hasn't this game been in beta for well over a year?  I'm starting to wonder if it will ever move out of BETA into a real format.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:07 AM

We can't move out of the beta version until Faterson has had his full and complete say on every issue.  (Faterson... just kidding with you.  I actually enjoy reading your well presented commentary.  Though I don't always agree with it)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:11 AM

Oct is the one year Beta anniversary. I for one cannot sleep at night in anticipation.

I really want that pony

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:38 AM

The thing is (to oblige Doublemochaman), Gmail was stuck at the Beta stage for something like 5+ years, but that didn't prevent dozens of millions of users from around the world from happily using Gmail as their primary webmail provider. Even at the Beta stage, Gmail beat everyone else's webmail solutions in their non-Beta stages. And when Gmail finally emerged out of the Beta stage, it was clearly the best webmail provider this world has ever known.

So, if it takes 5 years for WGT to get everything right and become the best golf game ever, why not? The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable even now, as it is. (I seem to be among the lucky site users unplagued by software issues.) Of course, I really am waiting for variable pin locations and new stroke-play courses, like everyone else.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:42 AM

Thank you Faterson.  I consider myself obliged.  :)

• OldBeachdog
    39 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:13 PM

Changing the pin locations would seem to be easy (at least easy for me to say) and would add variety to the two courses.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:21 PM

I agree with Faterson.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Let's see what October holds in store.  Lots of rumors circulating about.

Oh and you can't complain about courses unless you were here when the ONLY "course" was 9-holes on the front side of Kiawah.... for 6 months.  And that goes doubly for anyone who was here when there was NO stroke play at all!  =)

What we have now is 300% better (just in terms of courses) than what we had last year at this time.  I expect that to increase ten-fold this year.

• tlcagle
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 6:50 PM

my computer drags when I'm playing how do I fix that.

RSS