Forums

Help › Forums

stroke play on all courses

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:28 PM (40 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 7:11 PM

tlcagle:
    my computer drags when I'm playing how do I fix that.

Try the suggestions in this thread. (You're off-topic here.)

• GerryTS
    122 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 6:26 AM

Tarheels ,Question. Not a computer wiz but what does Beta mean.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:29 AM

If I may answer for Tarheels... a beta is a first version, complete with bugs, design flaws, quirks, but put out there for the public to play with and to help the beta game maker improve upon it for the ultimate release version.  Kinda like my real golf game.  It's still in the beta version... has been for years...

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:02 AM

Sounds good.  In the business world the company I was associated with used the BETA version of SAP for a year, often a large company is asked to try systems like this to help test and in return you get discounts, better customer service and input into the finished product.  I would hope that all of us who have been involved in WGT for a while will have a little leg up on the new folks when this moves out of Beta and into production.

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 10:25 AM

Quite new here still, so have no grounds for complaint.

Just wondered if there was a problem making the stroke play available for the other courses?  It's just that they are available for the closest to the hole part, so I'm assuming that the courses are complete??

Still enjoying what's here a great deal, and intend to hang around!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:03 AM

loveclose:
    It's just that they are available for the closest to the hole part, so I'm assuming that the courses are complete??

Unfortunately, they aren't and most of them probably never will be, with the exception of St. Andrews, which is the next scheduled full stroke-play course due to arrive at the end of 2009 or in 2010.

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 3:33 PM

Thanks for clearing that up - roll on St Andrews when it's ready then!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:15 PM

Ahh St Andrews...kind of like ummmm beer ( as homer simpson)!

Yep the old girl isnt beautiful to look at but what a great choice for the historians of this great game.

Learn how the game was played when it started.You have to learn the bump and run  so im going to play more punch shots in preperation...

This is exciting..It gives us three compleatly different styles of courses. I really like that.

Im trying to guess what the next course might be..im hoping for our most famouse course here in the states...Augusta. Perhaps in my mind it would give us 4 compleatly different styles..

Then perhaps TPC Sawgrass..im not a huge target course fan  but that would give us 5 totally different styles...

What would be the best example of a great risk and reward course to add to our little grouping.

Sorry  if this got off topic. 8P' ' '

• ncjoker
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:32 PM

I would  love to see Pebble Beach as a add on course. Even if its just on closest to the hole. The course would test the graphics engine of the game about as well as any other course. With maybe Agusta when the flowers are blooming.

• lilzeke
    41 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 5:52 AM

I agree with you pc brown. I just dont understand why they don't give us all the courses. It's not like anyone even likes to play the closest to the hole challenge. plus, the reason I came on to this site was to find a good online golf game. Closest to the hole isnt even really part of golf. I think the only reason the creators put all those closest to the hole things on there was because Its easier to make.

RSS