Forums

Help › Forums

stroke play on all courses

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:28 PM (40 replies)
  • GerryTS
    122 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 10:15 AM

Thx Doublemochman for the info Truly know what you mean about the real game. Thx again

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 10:59 AM

all this talk about The Old Course has be aching to go upstairs to the old computer and boot up my Links 2000 ...havent played it in years

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:11 AM

Is it just me?

Multiplayer ctth  contests could be fun and fast..

• txfrog
    49 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 2:23 PM

I wouldn't care if they put a bunch of goat ranch courses as long as we had choices other than Bethpage Black. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:01 PM

txfrog:

I wouldn't care if they put a bunch of goat ranch courses as long as we had choices other than Bethpage Black. 

Have you tried Kiawah?

(had to ask)

• txfrog
    49 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:10 PM

I think its great compared to BB.  You can actually reach par 4's in 2 which I find to be so rewarding in terms of scoring.  As it is, I'm just going to keep trying to figure out BB because its obvious we're stuck with it. 

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2009 5:44 PM

Bethpage is a lot harder than Kiawah because the Par 4 distances are MUCH longer than Kiawah, especially the back nine where if you use the default equipment you're very hard pressed to make par. Sometimes I shoot a 36 on the front nine but shoot 39 or worse on the back nine. However, the only reason Kiawah isn't a very easy course is that its greens are really severe, Much more severe than BB. New stroke play course would make this game MUCH better, even if it comes without the changeing pin locations.

• taichi
    5 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:00 AM

I    think    it   would    take   a  long   time    to    make    all    stroke   play   courses   available ,   so   just    be   patient .  In  my   anticipation ,  we   will    probably   wait   for  more    than   two   years    when   they    finish   that    great   work.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:37 AM

Soulcatcher:

Oct is the one year Beta anniversary. I for one cannot sleep at night in anticipation.

Oct.30 was the 40 year anniversary of the internet.

Do y'all think it has come along way

Or does it have along way to go?

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 1:15 PM

Latest update: St. Andrews will be a stroke-play course by Christmas. That's what I've heard.

RSS