Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 5:26 PM
    Thanks to you all. The marker and the hand written note are both priceless.~txzdave~
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 6:51 AM
    txzdave:
    Thanks to you all. The marker and the hand written note are both priceless.~txzdave~
    Just received mine yesterday and I couldn't agree more.Priceless indeed.
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 9:40 AM
    I received 8 in the post this afternoon....! :D Will be with the UK and 1 German player(s) soon! :)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 10:54 AM
    This morning I have received the memorial tee marker . I have stop playing golf in 2008 , I did try one time with my friend from Ontario but it was so bad that golf was over for me( working accident). At my best I always played with a hat, Greg Normand style over the years I started to put stuff like picture ,momentum of golf course I played at, tee marker that I would glue on my hat .........you get the picture ,so much so, that some friends before a round would make fun of me and say stuff like .you playing golf or fishing lol ..... Well this Andyson Memorial tee marker is on my golf hat now . Thank you MRcaddie(Wayne) and all those that got involved in the Memorial . Denis is looking at us in the big fairway up there .Edit PS: I keep calling a ball marker a tee marker oupsss :)
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 4:21 PM
    Received a most wonderful gift today....Thank You Mrcaddie, Paulton,and to all who help make such a great experience possible. Words cannot express, so again Thank You Everybody !
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 10:48 PM
    The best thing about Dennis' Tourney is that it was bigger than this game. It was bigger than this site. This was a testament to a close knit community and how they showed they cared..........Maybe about Andyson, maybe about Dennis, maybe about complete strangers. Maybe we had no stories. Maybe we had hundreds. How many glanced on these threads and would wonder who are these people? How many years have they known each other? Perhaps for one match. Perhaps for countless alt shot games. Perhaps just luck as passing best matches in the night..................Yup. This was bigger than they ever made and in my opinion.....We Won. They might not listen and/or be able to say it. But those that heard it best not ignore it. This community made this despite roadblocks. And we listen. And we hear. And We read between the lines. We know who cares. Thank You, Dennis.........Right on, Cats.~txzdave~
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 3:32 AM
    I will be heading to the post office this lunchtime, and will be dispatching Andyson Memorial 2017 markers to the following: Paulton Wigertoods Miokontic ScottHope MainzMan TWOMINUSONE The "UK" based (first 4) I will get a certificate of posting and send the marker 1st class (1 to 2 days delivery). For the other 2 I'll be sending it by international standard post (3-5 days delivery). Let me or Mr Caddie know when you receive them! :D And now I'd just like to say a quick word to txzdave - Right On Cat-brother!
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 6:15 AM
    Well said Dave.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 2:36 PM
    Received mine and LOVE it. Thanks again!!

Located here
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 3:17 PM
    Got home and the old guy next door ( and friend of 30 + years ) calls me and said he got some of my mail . this happens all the time here.......... Go over and have a beer or 3 ............ look at the mail and a water bill , junk and a special pc O mail . opened the one as we had another beer or 2 and told him the story Andyson ....... He stepped in the other room and came back with a old dusty shoe box , He showed me letters from a pen pal he had when still living in the old country as a young man ,,, ... The last letter was from his pen pals family ,,,,,,,, Please see part 2
RSS