Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 10:00 PM
    twinponds169:
    Played my round this afternoon and used my ball marker. The first time I used it, it made me think.....the name "Andyson" is actually ON the green of a REAL golf course.....and is going to be on many more around the world. That is just too damn cool!
    Now that is so cool. I hope everyone who gets one of these ball markers uses it with pride.
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 4:52 AM
    Memorial marker tracker update! The markers are currently winging their way across the pond from New York to Heathrow. More updates as they happen. I believe the longest distance a marker will travel is the one heading to Jimbog. Shows the true international spirit of both the Memorial and this community.
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 5:54 AM
    They might be arriving tomorrow!

Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on October 29, 2017 at 8:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
  • chunter26
    219 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 8:57 AM
    TY MC for the wonderful gift from the "andyson Community Memorial Tournament. Dennis and I would communicate through email every couple weeks. He became a very good friend of mine with what little time we had to really get to know each other. Dennis was a straight shooter. He would call me out when I was wrong and back me when I was right. He had the rare ability to understand and comprehend people's post and the point they were trying to convey through words without expression. There are not many people who can read a post or read into a topic and get the FULL gist of what a player/community member was trying to convey. I will say it again, I will cherish this RL gift from a well run Community tournament. Thank goodness WGT does not have their hands in on it or the tournament would go to ruins. TY again to everyone who helped organize and run a very successful "community" Memorial tournament.
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 11:23 AM
    TY MC for the wonderful gift from the "andyson Community Memorial Tournament. Dennis and I would communicate through email every couple weeks. He became a very good friend of mine with what little time we had to really get to know each other. Dennis was a straight shooter. He would call me out when I was wrong and back me when I was right. He had the rare ability to understand and comprehend people's post and the point they were trying to convey through words without expression. There are not many people who can read a post or read into a topic and get the FULL gist of what a player/community member was trying to convey. I will say it again, I will cherish this RL gift from a well run Community tournament. Thank goodness WGT does not have their hands in on it or the tournament would go to ruins. TY again to everyone who helped organize and run a very successful "community" Memorial tournament. OTE
  • Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 4:00 PM
    For those that are wondering, I've left a voice mail for Denny's wife and have also now been to the house earlier today. There was no answer at the door, but, I left a short note and hope to hear back soon. If I am fortunate enough to be able to take a marker to her, I will most certainly take a photo and post it here.
  • SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Oct 29 2017 6:59 PM
    All MC has done here is prove what Yancy and I talked about in my interveiw with him. There are truly good people here at WGT. If it had not been for the contact I had with Dennis I would not have stayed. Very seldom in life do we have the opportunity to meet a person that genuinely cares about how someone else might feel. Dennis was one of those. A class act in every sense of those words. The organizers of The Andyson also fit that mold. I only played a very small part in it. Thank you MC. My marker will sit next to my laptop when I play so I can rub it for good luck.
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 10:47 AM
    Oh my goodness. What a wonderful thing to do, truly something Dennis would have approved of.

I cannot thank you enough for this generous gift.
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 12:05 PM
    Update #2-

Golf ball markers have been sent out to the following players on 10/30:

BigKnight, darek2, Butchbboy, KissMyDivot, Leggoman13, SlicedPepper & Young46

MC
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 3:17 PM
    lonniescott711:
    Thanks ever so much it will always be a great memento to Andyson . Oh I havent forgotten you also still owe me a game . So get that dog for your ball :-)
    Mine arrived in the mail today . Even though I cant swing a club anymore I will always keep it with my other special mementos
RSS