Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 12:50 AM
    I got the wrong part of Jamaica on the map. Package was at JFK yesterday, so wouldn't be surprised if it's already landed at Heathrow! :D Although it could be stuck in customs....I've heard that can happen.
  • drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 7:32 AM
    I just received mine in todays' mail, along with a handwritten note. Thank you so much Wayne, for these wonderful mementos, smiles all around here today. Doc :)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 8:26 AM
    I'm glad to hear it Doc...and you're very welcome. MC
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 8:34 AM
    frappefort:
    Thank you so much , I feel privilege, I will keep this for ever . Francois
    As I mentioned to MC, it is an honor to receive such a gift. This game has given me 8 years of the most enjoyable pastime I have had. Dennis and I would communicate through email at least a couple times a month. He was a straight shooter and that is what I respected about Dennis the most. He would call me out when I was wrong but at the same time back me when I was right and trying to make my point whenever I would give my opinions or views in a forum topic. Dennis had what most of us do not have. He could "understand and comprehend" what players were trying to convey whenever they would post. Most of us jump the gun before we "understand" what another player is trying to say or make their point on a topic. Dennis would ALWAYS read, know and understand what the point another player was trying to get across in their post no matter what the topic. Most all of us do not have that understanding. This said I will cherish this "RL" gift from a WGT (Community organized) Memorial Tournament that I was a part of and always will be until this game no longer exist. TY again to MC and to everyone who took the time and effort to make the - andyson Community Memorial Tournament - better than ANY WGT tournament could even think of putting together and being such a success. OTE. God Bless you Dennis. RIP brother.
  • twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 8:50 AM
    Got mine today as well and many thanks for an awesome gesture! I am going out in an hour to play probably my last real round of the year and I'm bringing it with me. Please remember Wayne, if you are ever through or near my area (not too far from you), a round of golf with beverages and a steak dinner are always an invite to you! Thanks again! TP
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 9:13 AM
    Marvellous gesture, Wayne. Thank you very much.

Really looking forward to receiving such a lovely gift. If I can get two rain free days in a row here I may even get to actually use it before the turn of the year!

Well played all concerned.

👍
  • twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 4:36 PM
    Played my round this afternoon and used my ball marker. The first time I used it, it made me think.....the name "Andyson" is actually ON the green of a REAL golf course.....and is going to be on many more around the world. That is just too damn cool!
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:53 PM
    twinponds169:
    Played my round this afternoon and used my ball marker. The first time I used it, it made me think.....the name "Andyson" is actually ON the green of a REAL golf course.....and is going to be on many more around the world. That is just too damn cool!
    Now theres a beautiful thought. Absolutely love it. MrC, Paulton, and many more, you and the rest of the folks here should hold your heads high.
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:59 PM
    Absolutely....
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 9:38 PM
    Awesome pic there Wiger...great tribute for sure.
RSS