Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • SSimmons8344
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 5:54 AM

Protest?Is this just a game with options that a person can choose a variety of games to choose from?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 12:24 PM

Just my humble opinion people. I hate clashes, but the players in my club love them.

They play a lot and if they play, I will support them with my play.

Nuff Said

Don

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:10 AM

Use the free passes and a starter ball costs nothing there you go.

• craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:34 PM

plus one .

• 48Starfish
    80 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:45 PM

Really?

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 1:37 PM

If Georgian gets beat it will be by a Club that is mostly if not all mobile oriented.

The reason is because you get the apparel bonuses in clashes. Or have until today. I haven't checked today yet.

apparel bonuses mean shortening the holes which means better scores. Better scores = more points per round played.

• Aussiedodger
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 3:08 PM

if clashes were really a way of clubs competing and not just a money grab why not just limit every player to one round per clash?  WGT can still make money by not giving every player a free pass every 4 hours so players/clubs who want to compete either buy passes or buy membership that gives them a free pass every 4 hours. Add levels for the size of clubs and everyone gets a chance.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 5:45 PM

Aussiedodger:

if clashes were really a way of clubs competing and not just a money grab why not just limit every player to one round per clash?  WGT can still make money by not giving every player a free pass every 4 hours so players/clubs who want to compete either buy passes or buy membership that gives them a free pass every 4 hours. Add levels for the size of clubs and everyone gets a chance.

That would be great. Unfortunately, Clashes are all about buying golf balls and passes.

• Nancy1959
    7,022 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2018 10:08 PM

pdb1:
    Georgian averaged 912 points per player . Franticaly

Ummmm, where do you get that we averaged that amount "frantically", LOL?   We have never had to be frantic as long as I've been in the CC, but rather we just do what we need to do to win by a decent margin.  And that means that we just totally coast almost every Clash.  I think the last time anyone pushed us was SDC (a CC that no longer exists) last spring and we again just needed to do what it took to win....and I believe that we got around 265,000 points.  If we needed a million or more points to win in a Clash, we would do that.

A lot of the Clashes in the past half year, many of us play other courses (like alternating playing a custom course to get more xp), rather than Clash away.  And that is because nobody is coming close to bringing any challenge.  If they did, so many would come out and Clash away without sleeping.

We have many players (like myself) that have scored over 10,000 points in many Clashes.  Some of us have averaged close to that amount in the past year despite no competition in all but one of them.  How many of your "top 26" can claim to have done that or be capable of doing that?

How can you publicly say that your top 26 would beat the top 26 in our CC in a CC? Excuse me for saying this, but I do think that this claim is a bit ludicrous...   :)

RSS