skip nav

Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM by pdb1. 118 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:27 AM

DonCaron:
    My club does not buy a lot of passes, we use the freebies.

Lol . Of course you do . Come on Don . Maybe that is what you yourself does . But I think I remember you saying

DonCaron:
    We finished 47th

Unless you really have 250 players participating . there are probably a dozen players that pick up the slack and play 40 to 50 rounds . That amounts to hundreds of passes . Bought passes . Many more to be under 40th . Tons more to be under 30th .

We placed 32nd with 26 players . We bought a few passes .

We averaged 962 points per player . Comfortably

Georgian averaged 912 points per player . Franticaly

Your CC averaged 256 points per player . like a walk in the park

Put us up against 26 top Georgians . And we would step it up . And we would blow them out of the water . Even if they stepped it up . We have fought harder . for longer .

Hands down .

Seriously . We have slowed it up quite a bit . We have potential to do twice what we are these days .

But we are very happy with finishes in the 30's . That's what i mean by comfortably .

There isn't anything in it for us to place in the teens or 20's . But we could . We have some real CLASHERS too .

• LuckySkreet United States
    587 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 11:56 AM

So......  how's the protest working out?        lmao

• DonCaron United States
    5,243 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:10 PM

pdb1:
    Unless you really have 250 players participating . there are probably a dozen players that pick up the slack and play 40 to 50 rounds . That amounts to hundreds of passes . Bought passes . Many more to be under 40th . Tons more to be under 30th .

We get about 80-90 Participating out of 147 during the Clash. I tell them all not to buy passes, use the freebies. Some do buy them anyway.

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:34 PM

DonCaron:
    We get about 80-90 Participating

noted and edited above

• 48Starfish Canada
    80 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:20 PM

It’s a non issue..like herding cats...must admit conditions improved though in recent clash....we all know this is a money maker ..we go,willingly..those who choose to ..

there are more pressing issues ...even posting on forum draws out the hackers....the game is corrupted

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:38 PM

DonCaron:
    Some do buy them anyway.

It is so hard not to . Especially if you are enjoying the event . If a person wants to play more than 1 round in a 4 hour CLASH . Every extra round is a purchased pass . 

Some play several more . Some play a dozen more . Some play way more than that . In each of 11 possible CLASHes . 

if ones interest is just to check it out . They probably won't play much . I think that the bug that drives one to play one after another . Comes first . Before you decide to commit to really helping your CC . For the most part . 

I mean I doubt being told to contribute would work . 

It is such a high output event . That is just it's nature . That very small and low contributions and efforts . Really do not help at all . 

• Luckystar5 United States
    1,511 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:59 PM

pdb1:

DonCaron:
    Some do buy them anyway.

It is so hard not to . Especially if you are enjoying the event . If a person wants to play more than 1 round in a 4 hour CLASH . Every extra round is a purchased pass . 

Some play several more . Some play a dozen more . Some play way more than that . In each of 11 possible CLASHes . 

if ones interest is just to check it out . They probably won't play much . I think that the bug that drives one to play one after another . Comes first . Before you decide to commit to really helping your CC . For the most part . 

I mean I doubt being told to contribute would work . 

It is such a high output event . That is just it's nature . That very small and low contributions and efforts . Really do not help at all . 

I enjoy the clashes , due only to the scoring system.  It's like playing in a scramble, there are certain holes that can reap great rewards, if charged.  Hence they can nullify any other bad holes, that may hurt your overall score.  I also believe that, to a certain extent can even the playing field.  Wish we could use this in cc tourneys. 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 4:36 PM

Luckystar5:
    Wish we could use this in cc tourneys.

That is interesting . 

Maybe to be able to set up 1 or more courses . That has a set period of time to play ( maybe variable ) ? 2 hours to 24 hours . Members play their asses off . Solo still . For the set length of time . Next course same time . And so on . See who can bang out more than the rest . 

Might be cool .

• DonCaron United States
    5,243 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 4:55 PM

Luckystar5:
    I enjoy the clashes , due only to the scoring system.  It's like playing in a scramble, there are certain holes that can reap great rewards, if charged.  Hence they can nullify any other bad holes, that may hurt your overall score.  I also believe that, to a certain extent can even the playing field.  Wish we could use this in cc tourneys. 

I love it when We get into a tough match and Best of 5's is the venue. Racking up over 200 points a game.

• PhilEStein United Kingdom
    1,161 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 12:43 AM

Which is fine in itself Don but it is proportionate to skill level and the better players elsewhere will be entering over 300 pts per game.

RSS